“Gustavinio: excellent again”
Review of Gustavino

Gustavino
Reserve with
Save up to 20% when you reserve online *
Gustavino is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #81 of 2,786 Restaurants in Florence
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Duomo
Description: Gustavino restaurant and wine bar in Florence presents the Tuscan cuisine reinterpreted using raw materials of high quality, served in a stylish modern design and sophisticated. Particular attention is paid to the wine list which offers a choice of hundreds of labels with the best of Tuscan and Italian production. Try our specialties like noodles blacks at sea urchin and pesto, beef tenderloin with red onion marmalade or beef tartare with mustard sauce. In our daily menu includes gluten-free dishes, reservation you can prepare full meals with pasta / rice and bread.aged florentine steak.
Reviewed May 28, 2013

We ate here 2 years ago and were bowled over by great food, great wine and great service at a relatively reasonable price. But we walked in with no expectations then. We have just been back with a bunch of expectations. And it was every bit as good as it was back in 2011. Well done Cosimo and team. We will be back when next in Florence.

There are newer reviews for Gustavino

Reviewed May 27, 2013

My wife and I dined at La Canova di Gustavino in Firenze for lunch after experiencing the Uffizi museum. The location is just a bit north of the Palazzo Vecchio, if my memory serves me, although the business card I have shows an address of Via Della Condotta 29/R, not 37R as listed on TripAdvisor.

The little storefront belies the size of the restaurant, which has quite a bit of seating inside. We dined for lunch in the wine storage room in the back with several other people. The food was really special, and we enjoyed two absolutely fantastico pastas. Were we going to be in Florence for the evening on that day, I would have loved to come back to try dinner as the menu had no shortage of mouthwatering foods listed.

The service was fantastic - prompt, courteous, and there were even English menus for those that aren't as familiar with Italian. I was very, very impressed with the experience at Gustavino.

Reviewed May 27, 2013 via mobile

My wife and i stopped here for lunch after a long morning of sightseeing. Delicious food, a bit on the upscale side with prices to show for it. We had the artichoke in puff pastry, roasted pear raviolis, and the duck. Good selection of local beers. Overall one of the best meals we had in Florence.

Reviewed May 26, 2013

Excellent contemporary Tuscan restaurant. The interior is quite modern with glass interior walls which fit perfectly with the classic brick vaulted ceilings giving a lovely atmosphere. The food is excellent, a modern twist to Tuscan food. It is not cheap however you will have a lovely evening at this restaurant.

Reviewed May 23, 2013

We went to Florence with some restaurant goals in mind and we also wanted to discover some good places on our own. This was a great discovery! Not traditional Tuscan Food which was perfect. Amazing artichoke in puff pastry appetizer, wild boar with noodles and chocolate on the side (great) Great veggie choices, Fresh egg noodles with Lobster ... I wasn't feeling great one night and didn't finish my ravioli the waiter asked, "Was it bad?" no ... just me. He brought a cup of water and a chamomile tea bag and honey for me. Just perfect!!! Great service open kitchen with window. We ate here two nights!!