“Food great, shame about the service”
Review of Gustavino

Gustavino
Reserve with
Save up to 20% when you reserve online *
Gustavino is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #73 of 2,722 Restaurants in Florence
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Duomo
Description: Gustavino restaurant and wine bar in Florence presents the Tuscan cuisine reinterpreted using raw materials of high quality, served in a stylish modern design and sophisticated. Particular attention is paid to the wine list which offers a choice of hundreds of labels with the best of Tuscan and Italian production. Try our specialties like noodles blacks at sea urchin and pesto, beef tenderloin with red onion marmalade or beef tartare with mustard sauce. In our daily menu includes gluten-free dishes, reservation you can prepare full meals with pasta / rice and bread.aged florentine steak.
“Food great, shame about the service”
Reviewed March 30, 2013

Lovely building, interesting decor. The menu is interesting. Modern Italian. Great wine list too. But the service is really haphazard and a little aloof. The toilets are in the middle of the dining area which is a it odd. Would recommend though as the food is great quality. I had baked sea bass with veg nice

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Vietnamese first
Utrecht, Utrecht, Netherlands
“dissapointing”
Reviewed March 21, 2013 via mobile

Menu looks good but kitchen does not deliver. Food is mediocre - it's not that it is bad but given the pricing and the alternatives I would not recommend going here at all. Service was good and the whine list is outstanding but in the end it is the food that counts.

1 Thank zakenreiziger_72
London, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Gusto Vino”
Reviewed March 19, 2013

Delicious food in a beautiful building with great service, though the evening was somewhat dampened by being charged €25 for bubbly given without asking or pricing.

1 Thank A S
“Gorgeous Food and Great Wine!”
Reviewed March 18, 2013 via mobile

I always wanted to go to this restaurant when I lived in Florence but as a student I couldn't quite afford it. I took my other half to Florence in January and finally got to go! The food we had was delicious! We both went for a artichoke with ricotta & pine nuts baked in puff pastry... It was accompanied with pesto and honey! It was truely amazing! We chose one of the restaurants own wines and to this day it was one of the best I've had. The waitor was great and quite witty which was nice. I would definitely recommend.

London, United Kingdom
“Best restaurant I've ever been too”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I went here whilst in Florence on a trip around Italy a couple of weeks go. We walked past it and decided to swing by for dinner. It was the best decision of my whole holiday. The food was TO DIE FOR. I have never enjoyed a meal so much. My bf and I had the mixed starters, which I didn't think I would even like- anchovy toast?- but dear god I would give up my first born child to eat that again. I then had the seafood spaghetti and chocolate fondue. I died and went to food heaven. My bf's salmon and dessert- which I can't remember- was also incredible. The staff were amazing and they had incredible art on the walls. I would come back to Florence just to go here again!