“Great place for gelato, coffee, pizza, serious food.”
Review of Finisterrae

Finisterrae
Reserve with
Save up to 25% when you reserve online *
Finisterrae is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #360 of 2,825 Restaurants in Florence
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Santa Croce
Description: Ristorante Mediterraneo, Pizzeria Napoletana, Caffetteria Fiorentina, Pasticceria, Gelateria Siciliana
Reviewed April 20, 2013

Right in piazza s. croce. We has simple food like gelato or coffe, pizza, but also a serious multi course meal. Good food, nice atmosphere great location.

1  Thank Weavercs

Reviewed April 19, 2013

Very good place! The pizza was AMAZING! The place looked really good and we had dinner outside to enjoy the sunset!
The only thing I really did not like was the blonde girl working there. She was pretty rude and impolite. From the beginning I talked to her in English as I do not speak yet Italian and I ordered in English and my boyfriend in Italian. I asked to add something on the pizza she said it is impossible. After we ordered she came to bring us our drinks while my bofriend left and she talked to me again in Italian. I am sure she understands or speaks at least little English, but not only that she did not make any effort, but she was also rude.
Otherwise, our pizzas were VERY GOOD!

Reviewed April 14, 2013

We were looking for a cheap and quick and no-pasta dinner outdoors on a Piazza and started walking from the Piazza della Signoria toward Santa Croce. This is a fine restaurant on the Piazza Santa Croce directly by the church and the pizza is very satisfying: crust is not super thin, but you can tell the dough is high quality, and so are the toppings. Good price around 8 Euros. This is not a tourist trap, and the spot is hard to beat - Santa Croce has the nicest facade of any church in Florence, and it's a lively and beautiful square. If you've had too many long dinners inside and want a change, great place to go!

1  Thank Anna M
Reviewed April 7, 2013

We were turned on to this place by a local who said they have been eating there for years. It is located on the Piazza di Santa Croce its great for visitors toThe Basilica di Santa Croce. Sitting on the patio outside allows for a great people watching experience. This part of florence is a neat mix of locals and tourists. Very fun place to spend an afternoon.
The wine list is excellent and the servers are quick to get you seated with a glass in front of you. My wife had a pizza and I had the spaghetti carbonara. Both were outstanding. All the ingredients were very fresh. The service was great. No rush at all even though the place was packed. We sat for a few glasses of chianti classico after our meal and at no time did we feel the waiters wanted out table.
Good Food, good atmosphere. Very happy we found this place.

1  Thank Derek T
Reviewed March 11, 2013

This was a last minute walk in for dinner with a group. It was not very busy on a Thursday night and we had one room pretty much to ourselves (the place is bigger than it looks). Service was excellent and friendly. The food overall was excellent, spanning several pasta dishes and fish dishes (there was more seafood here than in most places we ate in Florence).

1  Thank GeneDoc57