“Best Restaurant”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Duomo
Description: Around the tables of "Il Latini" friendships are interwoven, all the world's languages are spoken, fervent discussions are held and everyone tastes food that has the flavour of the old times past. Il Latini means tradition: a means of discovering Tuscany and its people. The kitchen is where the best products of Tuscany's countryside are turned into the dishes typical of the tuscan tradition. Il Latini's kitchen was originally the kitchen of Narciso's wife, who used to take the dishes from her home to the cellars in Palazzo Rucellai where tables were set. Sora Maria's cooking was made of ingredients and flavours typical of tuscan cuisine, simple and genuine food that nowadays are still a characteristic of the restaurant. The flood in Florence did not spare the tavern, which continued nevertheless to serve warm dishes Florentine citizens among the muddy streets.
Reviewed April 1, 2013

I LOVE this restaurant. I've been eating here since 2000 and have brought everyone I can drag along with me. The rabbit is phenomenal as are the steaks. They seat every chair so you should expect to meet new people. Try not to rush, stay for all of the courses and have the full experience. The staff will make sure you have a great time.

Write a ReviewReviews (5,979)

Reviewed April 1, 2013

I had a lovely time. I was visiting Firenze on my own, and the staff was very chatty and friendly with me. The owner was considerate and full of regards. The food was delicious, and I am not easy to please!

Reviewed March 31, 2013

Excellent Meal. Best Fiorentina steak in Florence!, Friendly service . Don't miss it ! Best to reserve before you go. Wait could last 30 minutes.

2  Thank joseangelgloriaB
Reviewed March 30, 2013

Il Latini was indeed unique for me; never have I seen hundreds of people waiting to be let in at their 7:30Pm opening time with reservations. A big place there is almost a stadium atmosphere to it. Nonetheless the service was pleasant and helpful enough if not initally hurried to get orders. Food is good though hardly exceptionable and prices fair. The ambience is unremarkable!

1  Thank efarkasTeaneck_NJ
Reviewed March 29, 2013

I wanted a Fiorentina and I got it here. Not the cheapest meat in the city (50 E pr kg compared to 35-45 E other places), but what a spirit. Our local friends booked a table in advance, so we did not have to wait. We ordered antipasti and a 1,3 kg fiorentina with salad for two. We almost died of the amount of food we got. What helped was the vinsanti and limoncella after the food. We got really "cool" waiter - short and bold with dead serious face. If you meet him in a dark street, you'll give him all your belongings without him asking. But what a nice fella he was :) 10 points to the professional meat eatery and meat eaters :)