“Great Tuscan Cuisine”

Neighborhood: Duomo
Edmonton, Canada
“Great Tuscan Cuisine”
Reviewed September 30, 2012

Me and my husband were actually looking for Trattoria Pallottino resturant, but it was closed. So we just entered Il Barroccio by chance because it was close and we were hungry. And we didn't expect much from this place.
But this place appeared to be one of the best meals during our trip across Italy. We started with bruschetta (with chiken liver and porcini, traditional tuscan mashrooms), it was very delicious. Then I had minestrone and potato agnolotti and my husband had grilled T-bone steak. All the dishes were just excellent. Also we had house wine and coffe. The overall check was about 60 euro with tips which is very resonable for this high quality food.

• Visited September 2012

• Korean first
  • Polish first
Northumberland
“Delightful.”
Reviewed August 6, 2012

So there we were, wandering around cash-strapped and fed up on our last night in Florence thinking we were going to have to settle for a pizza or - God help us - some ghastly "tourist menu". And then we stumbled on this place in a side-street right in the shadow of the Bargello, an unpretentious-looking little restaurant with a fixed-price menu and - crucially - groups of Italians inside. And the menu was just superb - real fresh Tuscan cooking that we'd only experienced before in much more expensive places in the countryside. And a friendly and charming owner and sidekick. The place wasn't desperately busy (it was quite early in the evening) and there's no outside seating to speak of, but it gave us such a lift to find a place with such decent proper local cooking, and at such good value. Highly recommended - we'll be back.

• Visited August 2012
Nijmegen, The Netherlands
“Local Tuscan food near the Bargello - friendly staff”
Reviewed July 8, 2012

We had just visited the Bargello museum and it was getting late for lunch. We happened to walk past this restaurant and altough it looked like the real tourist place, the menu outside was promising. The staff is friendly. We enjoyed a nice lunch for under € 40,- for 3 people. The ice tea here is home made and really refreshing. This restaurant is really worth a visit if you like the local food of Italy.

• Visited July 2012
Nuremberg, Germany
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A must-visit in Florence!!”
Reviewed June 1, 2012

This is the perfect ristorante if you want to sample a wide variety of expertly cooked Tuscan dishes. They always offer a tasting menu so you can share dishes like tapas, and for a great price. Their house/barrel red wine is also very good and inexpensive. The owner, Giovanni, is so friendly and will take good care of you. Highly recommend for a delicious, authentic, NON-TOURISTY culinary experience in Florence!

• Visited May 2012
Sibiu, Romania
“Good value for money”
Reviewed May 5, 2012

I was looking for this restaurant for lunch after visiting the Bargello...and since it is just around the corner I though i would take a go at the fixed menu (for 12 euros). It sounded very tempting, as you could enjoy 2 courses and one of them was soup, something I really wanted to taste.
I took the vegetable soup and the bistecca di maialo with vinegar sauce and roast potatoes. It all tasted VERY good, although the soup was pretty thick.The bistecca was awesome,very tender and well-made.
The surprise came with the check: the non-fizzy mineral water was 2,50 euros and the service 1,5 euro on the check!!!so, the food amounted to 18 euros all in all.
The waitress was not the nicest person I've met and she seemed pretty bored and she seemed to watch me all the time I ate my meal.
Yet, I am not sorry I've eaten there, since it was the best food I had in Florence. Service was fast, although unfriendly:-))) So, I would definitely recommend this place to people who want to have lunch before or after having visited the Bargello of Palazzo Vecchio.

• Visited April 2012