“Went for lunch and the recipe for pear-ricotta torte”
Review of Del Fagioli

Del Fagioli
Ranked #134 of 2,825 Restaurants in Florence
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Santa Croce
Reviewed July 14, 2013

On a friend's recommendation, we dropped in for lunch, and had no trouble getting a table. I guess it's very busy for dinner.

We had penne with meat sauce, spaghetti alla chitarra with tomato and basil, involtini with potatoes in tomato sauce, and asparagus in oil and lemon. All were very good, and the service was excellent.

Our mission was to convince the chef to give us the recipe for their delicious pear-ricotta-chocolate torte. One of us had to do some audacious flirting, and she suceeded!

Reviewed July 10, 2013

My family and I stayed in an apartment in the Oltrarno and this restaurant was recommended by the owner. I am so glad we made a reservation here. The menu was entirely in Italian, but our waiter was kind enough to translate. We were 7 people in total, so we were able to taste quite a a few dishes, and they all were delicious. Personally, I shared the massive bistecca and my mouth is still watering. They were kind enough to let us sample the tripe (we were a little hesitant), and it was very tasty as well. Not a bad dish in the bunch.

We stopped in at the Scottish pub next door after our meal and got talking to a local. He said we just ate at the best restaurant in the center of Florence. He added that we'd have to head to the Oltrarno to find a comparable meal.

We traveled through many Italian cities over 14 days and this meal ranks at the very top!

1  Thank Michelle J
Reviewed July 7, 2013

A bit off the beaten track, was hoping for something more special. Food was good, we had steak, tuscan white beans (namesake) and bruschetta, house red was good. The service was great, the place was seemingly geared to tourists and the majority of the guests were tourists. This may be the direct result of rave reviews on trip advisor. I was not pleased with the bill for what we had.... If memory serves me correctly, it was 72euro for 2, one of us is a child. It was about double what we paid at other, superior restaurants where we also enjoyed the famous florentine T-bones. It was not bad at all, it was just not as special as the reviews expressed and not worth the expense.

Reviewed July 5, 2013

A must while in Florence! We stopped in around 2pm on a weekday. I dined on excellent lemon ravioli while my husband had spaghetti and the most wonderful large meatballs. The bread was fresh and perfect. We were very sad that we did not have time to return a second time. The brothers were friendly, aim to please, service is great. The entire experience was enjoyable. When my husband asks where I want to go for dinner, I answer, "Ristorante del Fagioli!"

Reviewed July 3, 2013

We were seated next to two couples who had dined here the previous two nights. They suggested letting the owner recommend an assortment of the night's pastas and vegetables and we wanted to try the Florentine Steak. The owner asked how many people were having steak, he left, we heard a cleaver, and he returned with a hunk of meat for us to approve. The steak was tender, and simply, but well-seasoned and all of the other dishes were great. The ravioli with ricotta and lemon and the penne with a wild boar sauce were the best.

1  Thank Rick_C1778