“Bit hit and miss”

Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Santo Spirito / San Frediano
Reviewed June 13, 2014

Came here twice during our visit to Florence. The first night it was really good, the food was very good, the house wine was really nice and a very large glass and the service was quick and attentive, but not over friendly. We were given bread, that was like a thin pizza base with oil, very good and at the end of our meal the waitress brought over lemonchello, there was a e2 per person cover charge which I thought was good, particularly with the little extras. The second time we went the service was slow and there were no little extras, although we did notice that other tables got them, which begs the question what did we do wrong. The food and wine was still very good but it would have been nice to have both the mains at the same time. Based on both nights I have rated as very good, but the second night was not as good as the first.

There are newer reviews for Pizzeria Dante

Reviewed June 10, 2014

This is the worst restaurant I have been to in a long time. At the start of the meal I ordered a bottle of Pinot Grigio and some sparkling water. The water looked like some they had aerated themselves and the wine was warm. When I raised this I was told that the wine was outside and therefore warm, the waitress brought a bucket with cold water as there was no ice. I said that I didn't want it and wouldn't pay for warm white wine. From this point the atmosphere changed the manager came and glared at us, my pizza was brought immediately and 10 minutes later my partners risotto arrived this was not a risotto as the rice had not absorbed the liquid. All the time we ate our meal the waitress and manager stood and glared at us. A better job for them would be prison warders!

Avoid this place like the plague. My partner saw the kitchen near the toilets which did not look very nice.

1  Thank Chris B
Reviewed June 9, 2014

My boyfriend and I dined here on our last night in Florence. It was godawful and was by far the worst meal we had in all of Italy. Our waitress was rude and just blankly stared at us whole night. I ordered the spaghetti and was disappointed that it tasted like overlooked pasta with plain old canned tomatoes. My boyfriend ordered the bistecca steak, and it was not only fatty, it was also cooked wrong- well done in some areas and raw in others. To top it off, we were charged a whole 40 Euro for the steak, which, given, how bad it was, was super frustrating.

I have never written a negative review for a restaurant, but this experience was so bad that I feel compelled to warn others, so that they do not shell out a lot of money for an awful meal like we did. DO NOT GO HERE. There are so many wonderful little restaurants in Florence- it is a waste to spend your time and money here.

Reviewed June 6, 2014 via mobile

THIS WAS THE SINGLE WORST EATING EXPERIENCE IVE HAD IN EUROPE.

We had been advised to visit this restaurant through a friend who spent several months here two years ago. We couldnt have been more disappointed.

The food was subpar, my friends pasta was undercooked, service was disgustingly bad, and when we tried to speak to the manager he seeme to care very little about anything we said. Also, for the portions you get as entrees, take your money elsewhere.

DO NOT GO HERE!

Reviewed May 29, 2014

Located across the Arno River from the historic center, Dante's sits on a corner not far from Piazza del Carmine. Unlike other restaurants in the area, Dante's was open by 6 p.m. for dinner. With a menu in both Italian and English, diners who are uncomfortable interpreting Italian will find comfort in accurate descriptions of the dishes and pizzas available. I had the ravioli with spicy red sauce--a combination I've not seen elsewhere. While the pasta was tasty, it was a bit undercooked (even for al dente). Others in my party had the eggplant parmesan which was on the appetizer menu, surprisingly, and came, as expected, in a smaller portion. They indicated that the dish was tasty. For dessert, one friend ordered the cheesecake which came in a very large portion and was delicious. Our server delivered liquers prior to the check (no charge). Service was typical for Italy: not overly friendly, not rude. The setting is intimate and comfortable. Overall, the food was good, but not outstanding. (We did not have pizza.) This restaurant needs to up its game if it is to survive: friendlier service and higher quality food.