“So nice that we went twice”

Osteria I Brincello
Ranked #189 of 2,724 Restaurants in Florence
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: San Lorenzo
Corpus Christi, Texas
“So nice that we went twice”
Reviewed February 16, 2014

The food and service were very good. Outstanding were the Papardelle with boar sauce and the tiramisu. It was the BEST I have ever had. Go. You won't be sorry.

Visited May 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Montreal, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“fun little restaurant with amazing food and character”
Reviewed February 4, 2014

We ate here twice in 3 days - the pasta was to die for and amazing main courses (beef, sausage, chicken) as well. Incredible flavour. Good prices. Think Italian family dinner - lots of noise and fun. Loved our visit!

Visited February 2014
Sydney, Australia
“free wine”
Reviewed January 17, 2014

WHO: we are two girls travelling europe on budget; we came here based on trip Advisor reviews, and it was close to our hotel.
PROS: come here if you want good italian food, good portion size, colourful bright decor, relaxed environment, late night food (restaurant bustling from 8pm onwards, still full when we left at 10). meal was about 20 euros each (main+dessert+wine+water). lots of locals. we also got lots of free wine from the waiter plus a free bottle of water.
CONS: zero; we had a great time; the free wine (house red, very good!) might have helped.di

• Visited January 2014
Singapore, Singapore
“Good Italian Food”
Reviewed December 28, 2013

We were in Florence from 26 Dec to 28 Dec 2013. We decide to go to this restaurant for lunch on 27 Dec after reading the reveiws from the trip advisor as it was quite near to the main train station. It was tucked beside a hair dressing salon and there is a small little supermarket next to it. We were there at around 11.45am and there are ready to receive the guests. The interior of the restaurants is very bright as it is orange in colors. Very typical of an italian restaurant decor i.e. bundle of garlic hanging all over the place. We were recommended to order the pici with meat sauce and also a sphagetti Tagliatelle in wild boar sauce. Food was served quite fast which is approximately 15 mins.They were both very well cooked and so delicious especially the wild boar sauce which is so well cooked and tasty. The tiramisu is like heaven and it is so nice and we never regret picking this restaurant.The portion of the food is adequate for a person. We paid a total of Euros 30 and I would highly recommend anyone who enjoy great italian food to try out this restaurant.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank HCTAY
Harlingen, Texas
“Bad Manners!!”
Reviewed December 22, 2013

The first time I went there (since I saw the TripAdvisor recommendation by the door) staff was just ok, but I loved the gnocchi so much that I went back a couple days later. The man in charge pointed at a table in a corner, and when we approached we noticed the table has been pushed against the corner and the chairs squeezed between wall and table by the people at the next table. We went back and told this guy who sighed in frustration (?!) and pointed to a second table. This table was fine for the person who would sit against the wall, but the opposite chair was right by the cashier and would be in the way of any client paying for their meal. I mentioned this to the guy and he told me, straight translation from the italian: "this is a small space, adapt or leave". Obviously we left, no way to enjoy our food with such a rude person close by! I should clarify a couple things: there were plenty of vacant tables and nor me or my companion weight over 150 pounds. I come to Florence 2-3 times a year, and I won't ever go back to this restaurant nor I will recommend it!

• Visited December 2013