All reviews bed dorm close to the train station mixed room big mirror shared bathroom cleaned daily walking distance air con room was spacious beds tv luggage attractions linens wardrobe
Reviewed July 19, 2012

Hostel is what you would expect, if not a bit more. There are very helpful receptionists willing to advise you on where to go, book you on to anything and answer any questions.

The room was very spacious, with a big mirror, clean, modern and white. We stayed there 3 days and our only issue with the rooms was there was no maid service so it got a bit messy.

The kitchen is communal, basic pots and pans, 2 fridges. Strangely you have to walk through a living area to use one of the two bathrooms. But it was a nice space to use with a fire exit also. The showers are very good but there are 4 rooms in your block for 3/4 people per room so it's a bit of a fight to get a bathroom at times. Also toilet paper ran out very quickly and showers got a bit dirty quickly.

This hostel would be much better if situated nearer to the city, it became a bit of a trek walking to and from the hostel. At night this is a bit scary and the road crossing are a bit awkward - the roads are very busy and you cannot avoid crossing to get into the city.

Another issue is how noisy the room is at night as you are based next to a main road... so noisy that my friend asked me to close the window – but it was already closed!

Overall, it was good value for money, but location not great. Perfect for young people travelling - not couples.

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed July 16, 2012

I did not actually stay at this hostel, however, I accidentally made a booking with them while I was trying to book for Mary's Hotel in Paris. After my confirmations were sent and I double checked everything, it came to my attention that I had booked for Ciao Hostel. Realizing that the two had completely different addresses and were not even in the same city, I quickly emailed them to ask for a clarification. Not only were they very prompt in replying my email - I received a response in 16 minutes, they immediately assured me that my reservation will be cancelled. Worrying that my credit card would still be charged, I asked again to make sure there would be no charges, and surely enough, a very prompt reply was received confirming with me that no charges were made to my credit card.

If I were to ever visit Florence, I would definitely stay with Ciao Hostel judging by this awesome experience. Thank you so much!

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed July 15, 2012

The hostel is perfect for the money paid. It is new, clean, close to the train station and has a good room.

You wont have any surprise with this one simple, clean and confy.

Reviewed July 15, 2012

The room was of a reasonable price and one gets what they expect. It is relatively close to the main train station. It wasn't that close to the main centre but as Florence is a small city this isn't the biggest deal. Rooms are clean, there is a kitchen facility and clean bathroom. A shared bathroom was okay, however, one of the doors did not lock. Airconditioning was fine.
However, for a group of four travelling students, this suited our needs for the price well.

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed January 8, 2012

When we arrived in this hostel we had to wait about one hour for the room to be ready, but we were on holidays, so no stress at all. The room had a good size, facing the main road with a balcony and was absolutely clean. The elevator was broken, so it can be difficult to climb the stairs with heavy luggage.
The bathroom was on the opposite door, cleanness so so... there was also a big kitchen, well equiped and always very clean.
The hostel is not central, you have to walk 5-10 min to SMN train station and some supermarkets and 15 min to historical centre, but the area is nice and safe, and there many bus stops too.

Date of stay: September 2011