“Yummy food but too fast to allow us to really enjoy the experience”
Review of Trattoria Marione

Trattoria Marione
Ranked #574 of 2,930 Restaurants in Florence
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Santa Maria Novella
Reviewed December 7, 2013

Arrived early as recommended by other reviewers and joined the crowd waiting at the door. Upon being let inside we were seated and provided menus. We looked at the menus for maybe 2-3 minutes and then the server came by and asked what we wanted. I ordered the fried meatballs and a salad, my husband ordered roast beef and potatoes. I kid you not, our food was delivered within 5 minutes. It was very good but even intentionally lingering and ordering dessert we finished the meal in less than 30 minutes. Rated this a "4" because we really liked the atmosphere here, the food was very delicious and reasonably priced, and we think the issue we had could be easily resolved by letting your server know in advance that you prefer a slower paced meal.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,322)

Reviewed December 4, 2013

We loved this restaurant so much that we ate here twice. It was recommended to us by our hotel and boy were they spot on. It serves traditional Florentine fare in a cute environment. We had our first and last meal in Mariones and would not hesitate in recommending it to anyone. Be warned though, it does get very busy and the tables are very close. But hey ho when in Rome, lol.
The food is absolutely delightful, full of flavour and presented very nicely. The house wine is good value at approx 6 euros per half a carafe.
You will not be disappointed.

Reviewed November 27, 2013

Trattoria Marione is a small, busy little restaurant in the back streets near Florence's central railway station. On the night I went with my family, the food was very good and the staff very attentive and friendly. It's a busy place, with lots of locals, which is always a good sign.
I didn't see the bill, but from what I remember the prices were reasonable. You can check them at the front door before you decide. This little place is recommended.

Reviewed November 27, 2013 via mobile

Best meal in Italy !!!!!! The Fiorentina steak, lasagne,cianti and tiramisu are extra!! Service excelent and our weiter was very good of course he is NAPOLETANO( from NAPOLI). We was eating there three times and was really good! I will recomend this place for shure!

Reviewed November 18, 2013

Saw this place with people waiting outside for it to open at 7 or 7.30 (I forget), so we checked out the menu and then the door opened. People rushed in to get a seat, so we followed. It must be good. We got one of the last seats, near the kitchen door. The staff were absolutely on fire and so friendly and helpful. Drinks and bread came out first, while we saw what others ordered. It looked amazing. The food came out quickly and perfectly delicious. People were photographing their meals. I can see why. Gave the amazing staff a tip. They earned it and when we left, there was a large queue waiting outside for a table. Loved this place, and would go again. As seating was quite close, it’s not a romantic style place.