“Not bad”

Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Santa Maria Novella
Reviewed October 6, 2013

My wife and I were coming back from the mall outlets and happened to see this trattoria our way back to our hotel. We followed the rule of where there is a line, there is good food. Fortunately we only waited 15 minutes to get seated. The gentleman nearly forgot about us b/c he forgot to write my name down even though I gave it to him. He apologized for forgetting. It took a little time before the waitress took our order. The food got there in a reasonable amount of time. They need to invest in more wait staff. I ordered the lasagna and my wife ordered the beef slices. I wasn't impressed with the lasagna. Perhaps I was expecting something great, after all I was in Florence. I tried my wife's beef slices and it was decent. Perhaps we had ordered the wrong items. Try something on the menu other than the lasagna and beef slices. Maybe the owner will hire more waiters.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,323)

Reviewed October 3, 2013

Good food - we had lunch here twice well we were in Florence. It is centrally located, service was good, the food was tasty and it was not expensive.
We ate in over 30 different restaurants in our 3 weeks in Italy we started to rate them based on overall value, quality of food and service and atmosphere - rating this many restaurants you want to be able differentiate the excellent and really good from the rest. This was a good restaurant we would go again but it was not one of the few 'stars' from our trip.

Reviewed October 2, 2013

Trattoria Marione is located on Via Della Spada, the food is fabulous, it was so good that we ate there 4 times. The Tuscan soup Ribollito is very delicious, they have great stew and roast beef. Great atmosphere, a little crowded but it was fun, we got to meet some very nice people. The serving staff were great, thank you!

1  Thank Antonia G
Reviewed September 25, 2013 via mobile

Great food, service and atmosphere. Can get a bit crowded during lunch time, but worth to visit during your Florence visit

Reviewed September 19, 2013

Easy restaurant Trattoria style. Standard choice of food, but very good quality. Service friendly. Prices on the cheap side. Worth a visit.