“Stumbled into casual awesomeness”
Review of Trattoria Marione

Trattoria Marione
Ranked #574 of 2,930 Restaurants in Florence
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Santa Maria Novella
Reviewed May 28, 2013

After walking all day, sightseeing and shopping, my friend and I were looking for a place to stop for dinner. We thought we would just walk and stop at someplace that looked good, Trattoria Marione looked good. From the menu on the outside, to the casual busy neighborhood feel, to the friendly service I started to get excited. I knew this was about to be a really good meal, you could just feel it.

Than our dinner arrived.... so good! You could taste how fresh the ingredients used were, the flavors were just right, everything was simple and well prepared. The wait staff was friendly, and my belly was happy. This was a busy restaurant with a local feel, not a touristy vibe, however there was English on the menu. When you are in Florence and not too far from the Duomo than you conveniently get English translations, but truly this did not feel like a place for the tourist trade.

I highly recommend Trattoria Marione, it was the best meal I had in Florence.

1  Thank GulliblesTravels71
Write a ReviewReviews (3,323)

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Food was good and fresh, simple but delicious

Staff was nice and helpful.

There're lots of tourists, but also locals. Actually there was a 20-25 local men table when we're there.

Location is close to Duomo.

Reviewed May 27, 2013

Marione must be one of the best value restaurants in Florence. It is where the locals go, who work in the famous shops in nearby Via Tornabuoni. The food is simple, and very good. The antipasti are superb. The chicken is a specialty. I could have stayed here for hours but there is a distinct need to free the table once you have finished! Service is friendly but matter-of-fact. Most people who eat here have a limited lunch-hour, so it is all about quick turnaround. But this is not fast food! Do not go here if you are expecting a "tourist experience" with waiters willing to take your photo on your camera and chat agreeably to you. It is not that sort of place. It is brusque and thoroughly Florentine; needless to say, we loved it. I would go back again and again. Excellent for families.

Reviewed May 27, 2013

Very nice restaurant with a very good t-bone steak. Patotes are excellent and the wine is delicious and cheap. It really is good, i will come back the next time...

Reviewed May 19, 2013

Just ok, there are many better restaurants around.
Reservation is recommended, because de place are very "famous" and crowded.
I could visit about 10 restaurant in Florence, and this was the lower quality between which I went.