“Fit for a foodie”

Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Santa Croce
Reviewed December 13, 2012

The Drunkard Spaghetti is worth a try: looks awful but tastes amazing.

Had the rabbit baked with tomatoes and olives: best I have ever had.

Friendly service in a restaurant filled with locals.

There are newer reviews for Osteria dei benci

Reviewed November 12, 2012

The carbonara and bistecca fiorentina were great! Service was good too! I think the location is on the more quiet side of town which is great, and still the place was packed!

Reviewed October 16, 2012

This restaurant was recommended to me by my sister-in-law who went to college in Florence as well as a few other friends who had visited. I read through the reviews and saw a number of people recommending both the strawberry risotto as well as the drunkard spaghetti. We got both..and were more than pleased. The strawberry risotto was up there as one of my favorite meals in Italy. It sounds random - but is incredibly delicious. The drunkard spaghetti was great too - but the risotto was my favorite. I will definitely make a trip back there just for that, the next time I'm in Florence. This place is a definite must!

1  Thank cochranlindsey
Reviewed October 16, 2012

We stumbled across this place completely by accident and I'm so glad we did - it was the best food we ate on our whole trip to Italy!

It's classic Tuscan food and really was excellent quality. The service was brilliant - the waiters were extremely attentive (and also very patient when I tried to speak in broken Italian and then gave up and spoken English!) Good choices for vegetarians and meat lovers alike!

The menu was varied ranging from steak dishes to pasta to risotto and it was all so good that we had three courses each (I recommend the brucshetta)! When the bill arrived, we were pleasantly surprised by the cost and were expecting (and happy to) pay more for the quality of food and service.

Would eat here again and again and again!

Reviewed October 14, 2012

Every meal we have had in the last 5 years has been excellent. Every October we come to Florence for a month and we stay In Santa Croce and this is our go to place.....the pasta carbonara is the best we have ever had and the drunken spagetthi is worth trying at least one time.....there are many dishes that are great. The last one I had was the fillet with arugula and Parmesan cheese.....