“Best cuisine I've tried”

Ristorante Le Fonticine
Reserve with
Ristorante Le Fonticine is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #106 of 2,722 Restaurants in Florence
Cuisines: European, Italian
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: San Lorenzo
London, United Kingdom
“Best cuisine I've tried”
Reviewed November 3, 2012

New refurbished restaurant with amazing atmosphere and most tasty cuisine I've tried so far. Home made pasta with different kind of magnificent souces and meat. This food made a big trade mark in my stomach for long time. I've been in many different Italian restaurants around the world, but this one I remembered most, for it's quality and well cooked food. I can't wait to go back to Florence and visit this restaurant again and again. For 2 weeks in Florence I've been to this restaurant almost everyday to try new meals, and all of them were at their best. Good job for family that made such good work with this place. Best regards to them.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
San Clemente, California
“A must see”
Reviewed October 28, 2012

You can't leave Florence without checking out this restaurant.....I have been to a lot of fine restaurants but this food was simply the best I have ever had....
The steak topped with truffle was by far the BEST steak I have ever had...it is out of this world! The salad with freshly pressed olive oil was amazing. And so was the desert. The manager also picked an amazing bottle of wine for us. Reasonably priced, too (to my surprise considering the 5 star quality). The place is located within walking distance of the center of Florence but far enough to escape the typical crowd of tourists. The ambiance inside the restaurant is wonderful. It is very clean but has that historic vibe (I believe they opened in 1949 and is a family owned business over the generations). The people in the restaurant were also very friendly. I highly highly recommend this restaurant.

Farnborough, United Kingdom
“Heart of the Florence downtown.”
Reviewed October 26, 2012

Newly refurbished, warm, exquisite food and products, prepared yet with a homely touch. Generous servings! Best Tasted Veal...highly recommended! Looking forward to return for a tasty memories.

“Mediocre Clip Joint”
Reviewed June 2, 2012 via mobile

Went there on guide book and hotel recommendation. Food at best ordinary compared with our previous five days of comparably priced and positioned restaurants in Italy. Be aware of both cover charge AND 12% service charge. While we were there both American and Italian guests left in vocal disgust over these charges.

1 Thank Thupt
Hoboken, New Jersey
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food not too expensive”
Reviewed April 16, 2012

We chose to go to this restaurant twice during our stay in Florence. The pasta dishes are just amazing. Simple homemade pasta with amazing sauces. Try the dish named after the place, Fonticine if you like mushrooms in truffle sauce. My mouth is watering just remembering it. The service was fairly good, compared to the US where waiters seem to be constantly at your side they weren't like that. But in comparison to other Italian eateries they were attentive and friendly.

• Visited March 2012