“Real delicious food”

Ristorante Le Fonticine
Reserve with
Ristorante Le Fonticine is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #106 of 2,722 Restaurants in Florence
Cuisines: European, Italian
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: San Lorenzo
Albania
“Real delicious food”
Reviewed December 9, 2011

It is one of the best "pure italian food" restaurant
Home made pastas are a very good choice, but don,t forget to try veal or fiorentine beef as well
Simply delicious and perfect
But don't go too far on desserts, they are not the same quality as the above were

1 Thank Kle_viss

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
“Good and family run restaurant”
Reviewed October 28, 2011

Third generation that runs this restaurant. Honest dishes made with excellent ingredients. Try the fageoli side dish. After a visit to San Lorenzo or Santa Maria Novella this is a great stop. Do not be put off by the Via Nazionale which can be a little busy

1 Thank TV66
SC
“Best original Florentine food so far”
Reviewed September 29, 2011

Go eat where the locals eat and recommend, that what we have done and they never steered us wrong. This one is one of the two places they recommend.
The restaurant is family own for the last fifty five years. Food was excellent: we tried their specialties; the Florentine T-bone steak, the tripe (pork intestine), and boar pasta. Each dish has exceeded our expectations. The desserts were the mascarpone and tiramisu, which both were the best we tried so far. They have a good selection of wine with reasonable price. The atmosphere was very warm, we were greeted by the owner and all staff, even the younger owner spent some time at our table conversing with us. The older owner and his wife, stopped in the middle of their dinner to wish us a nice night and thanking us for the visit (we were really honored by that).

Tel Aviv, Israel
“A wonderful meal”
Reviewed September 21, 2011

Loved this traditional family restaurant. Service was professional and excellent. Loved the eggplant parmigana and pasta with truffles. Friendly atmosphere.

Burlington, Canada
“Perfection in each bite”
Reviewed September 20, 2011

I went to Le Fonticine because it was recommended in Frommer's and it was quite close to my B&B. When I went I was sat right away in the front room which had a mix of Italians and tourists. The menu had both their seasonal dishes as well as daily specials. (I later spoke with the owner's son and he mentioned that he goes to the market every day and buys only the freshest in season ingrediants which is why the menu can change frequently) For my meal I had grilled asparagus with butter and parmesan, spaghetti with tomato and basil, and chicken breast with cream sauce and porcini mushrooms. Yes it was the most expensive meal I have ever had coming in just under $50 without having any wine. But it was also hands down the BEST meal I have ever had. The asparagus was so tender it practically melted in my mouth. The spaghetti was hand made and cooked to perfection. The chicken in cream sauce was so good I ate it in the smallest pieces I could just to make it last longer. I had such a wonderful experience at Le Fonticine that I ate there 3 out of my 4 nights in Florence. The only reason it wasn't 4 times is because they close on Sundays.

If you are looking for authentic Italian food in a quaint atmosphere then go to Le Fonticine. It is a gastronomic experience everyone should enjoy on their visit to Florence.