“Delicious!”

Neighborhood: Santa Croce
New York
“Delicious!”
Reviewed March 10, 2013

We were directed to this restaurant by a real foodie who runs a food tour in Bologna....so we knew we were in for a treat. It's not an easy place to find, but once you do, it's so worth it! Marco the owner was very welcoming. My family of four decided to try the "Tasting Menu". We left it up to the chef to prepare for us what he wanted from the menu. I expressed my hesitation over trying rabbit....the others in my party were open to it. Low and behold, they served the rabbit as our main course, but Marco brought me something else! Thanks Marco! It was a great meal from the White Onion Soup with Prawns to the wonderful pasta with figs, ham and a sugar cane flambe! And...my family even enjoyed the rabbit.

Visited January 2013

• Greek first
  • Korean first
“A disappointment”
Reviewed December 9, 2012

Our hotel recommended this restaurant, a pretentious name for a so-so retaurant. We had sea bass in raspberry sauce, rather weird. Nothing was very special.

• Visited October 2012
Moscow, Russia
“Very special place in Florence”
Reviewed August 7, 2012

I collect places like Club Culinario Toscano da Osvaldo as treasures. We got recommendation from our hotel and we were really happy!
It's not only food and ambiance, but people who make such a great atmosphere.
Owner Marco, Chef Davide , guys, thank you, it was really enjoyable and food was delicious.
Looking forward to come back soon.

• Visited July 2012
New York City, New York
“Great food, wonderful ambiance, not touristy”
Reviewed July 26, 2012

What a hidden gem. In Piazza Peruzzi, right off a main street in Florence, but you wouldn't even know the restaurant is there! Was recommended to come here by a man who gave us a food tour in Bologna, and so glad we listened! The food is spectacular, very different than at any other restaurant in Florence, and it's not touristy (which is hard to find in Florence!). If they have the chicken over a ham mousse, get that! Or the cannelloni. Also, the pasta with white chocolate shavings was unbelievable. Not sure what they'll have because they change the menu with season and what's fresh... but its all amazing! I went three times over four months in Italy... one with my family, one with a significant other, and once with friends. It was that good!

• Visited March 2012
“Nice”
Reviewed June 22, 2012

My hotel recommended Osvaldo so I went my first night in Florence. I went on the early side as I was tired and get up early the next day. The restaurant wasn't very crowded due to the time and the fact a soccer match was on.

I was greated and served by the owner himself, Marco. He was just lovely. He provided wonderful service and was friendly and accommodating. I had the spaghetti with Riccota. It was elegantly prepared and very fresh. Not the most exciting, innovative dish I ever had, but tasty and fulfilling nonetheless. Wine was good and even got a free glass!

Marco was kind enough to put together a dessert sampler for me as I was dining alone and he was eager to please. It was light and delicious and the presentation was gorgeous. I loved it.

The place started to fill up as the night went on. Mostly Americans, but I did see some locals outside saying hi to Marco. It seems like a well known place.

Over all a pleasant evening. Not mind blowing, but tasty, comfortable and excellent service from dear Marco!