Academy Hostel is the best place to stay in Florence.
1. You couldn't ask for a better location. It's only a few hundred yards from the Duomo on the same street from the Accademia Gallery. Everything is just a short walk from the hostel.
2. Everybody is cool. The staff set us up with the best tours and itineraries for seeing the city and traveling Tuscany. They showed us all the best places to eat and drink. Academy Hostel staff are respectful of your privacy, but you are totally welcome to open up and let them show you the city. I consider them family.
3. Everybody is cool part II. I met a ton of cool people staying at the hostel. The gathering areas really are conducive to meeting the other travelers. Every night there’s free happy hour with snacks and sangria. That turns into group dinners which ends with group dancing (all optional). I made life-long friends staying at Academy.
3b. Free Happy Hour. You read that correctly.
4. The accommodations are quite nice. It was the cleanest hostel that I stayed at my entire trip. Lockers were free and inside the room. They even came with locks. Bedrooms and bathrooms were meticulously cleaned every day. They even made my bed a couple times!
5. It is quiet. But you won’t sleep much anyway because you’ll be out painting the town red all night long.
6. Free internet. You won’t use it a ton though because you’ll be hanging out with all your cool new friends.
7. Did I mention location, location, location?
Not only did I feel comfortable, safe, and secure at the Academy Hostel. I felt like I was back in my college fraternity having a ball with my best friends—except Academy is super clean, quiet when you need it, and girls ‘live’ there too.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This discreet, smart new hostel is at the most central location in Florence, beside the Duomo on the start of the street that leads to the Museum dell'Accademia (Academy Gallery where Michelangelo's David is housed). The hostel is an early 17th Century Palace, a gem of sober architecture and refined atmosphere.Academy Hostel Florence are the ideal venue for a vacation in Florence. The rooms feature elegant and welcoming interiors, wenge essential-design furniture, and the best amenities offered by Hostel Florence Academy. he entrance lounge room of Hostel are a combination of elegance and style where art and design contribute to the guests tailor-made experience of good taste. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Academy Hostel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Academy Hotel Florence