Location was great, very easy to find. Also just on the edge of the tourist center of Florence, which made it easy to get everywhere, and also easy to find non-tourist restaurants and cafes. the location was one bridge over from the ponte vechio, so we were very close to the Uffizi Galleries and shopping. The restaurant down the street, Fagiole or something, was just delish. We only met one owner of the hotel, Alfredo, and he was very nice and friendly. His english was excellent. We had a small problem with the toilet and he came over immediately, which was just great service. The room itself was large, very comfortable, and very pretty. The mattress was very comfortable. Since the room was separate from the B&B, we had coupon's each morning at a nearby cafe, which was perfect (we actually didn't want a huge breakfast, so a coffee and a pasty was really all we needed to start the day). The only negative is that the internet did not work while we were there, but we were not sure why. Also, the room was on the second floor, no elevator (Alfredo helped with our luggage though, so we didn't mind).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- If you are looking for clean, warm, friendly hospitality and personal service the Casa dei Tintori B&B in Florence, Italy is your answer.Casa dei Tintori is a careful and accurate restoration of a 13th Century building in the historic center of the city.While retaining its Medieval charm, the Bed and Breakfast is equipped with all the modern amenities, including air-conditioning, heating, private bathrooms with showers, TVs and a free fast Internet computer that enables guests to keep in touch with family and friends back home.Each of the five private guest rooms is decorated in period furniture and fabrics in patterns and colors derived from the Florentine tradition of Medieval textile dyers.Casa dei Tintori is located in a quiet, residential and very safe neighborhood with a variety of charming shops, good restaurants, and “ gelato “ stores that make life worth living.This central B&B in Florence is only a short walk from famous landmarks like the Uffizi Museum, the Pitti Palace and Boboli Gardens, the Ponte Vecchio which spans the Arno river, Santa Croce, Piazza della Signoria, the Duomo and many more.If that's not enough, there are famous statues, monuments and art galleries everywhere you look.There are, of course, high fashion stores, artisan and leather shops, open air markets and more restaurants than one can count.The Medieval building has an interesting history. Eight centuries ago it was a dyers' house, a large wool weaving and textile dying workshop. In fact thedistrict originally teemed with similar craft workshops under the aegis of "Arte dei Tintori" (Art of the Dyers).With the friendly help of your hosts, Alfredo and Valeria, the B&B Casa dei Tintori in Florence, Italy can truly be your home away from home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your B&B La Casa dei Tintori reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bed And Breakfast La Casa Dei Tintori
- b&b La Casa Dei Tintori Hotel Florence