My wife and I stayed in the Indigo Room for three nights in the middle of a two week European excursion which also saw stops in Rome, Dubrovnik and Paris. This B&B was the best all-around place we stayed in any of those locations, based on room, location and value for what you pay.
First of all, this place is two blocks from the Uffizi and one block from the Arno River. Need I say more on location? And because Florence is really pretty small, it was an easy 15-20 minute walk, even with roller luggage, from the train station. The was made even easier because Riccardo, the absolutely awesome host, sent me an email prior to arrival with a map that showed directions from the station to the B&B. Once at the B&B, we were warmly greeted by Riccardo, who helped us with our luggage, showed us to our room and gave us the lowdown on many different places to eat, drink and generally be merry in Florence. I cannot say enough good things about RIccardo, he was simply awesome.
The room itself was of average size with a very comfortable bed and good sized bathroom. It had plenty of amenities and free Wifi. The breakfast was absolutely awesome as well and should not be missed. Riccardo serves you on your schedule (up til 10am) and in particular our favorites were the delicious croissants that RIccardo got every day fresh.
All in all, we were very happy with our choice and would definitely stay here again in Firenze.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- If you are looking for clean, warm, friendly hospitality and personal service the Casa dei Tintori B&B in Florence, Italy is your answer.Casa dei Tintori is a careful and accurate restoration of a 13th Century building in the historic center of the city.While retaining its Medieval charm, the Bed and Breakfast is equipped with all the modern amenities, including air-conditioning, heating, private bathrooms with showers, TVs and a free fast Internet computer that enables guests to keep in touch with family and friends back home.Each of the five private guest rooms is decorated in period furniture and fabrics in patterns and colors derived from the Florentine tradition of Medieval textile dyers.Casa dei Tintori is located in a quiet, residential and very safe neighborhood with a variety of charming shops, good restaurants, and “ gelato “ stores that make life worth living.This central B&B in Florence is only a short walk from famous landmarks like the Uffizi Museum, the Pitti Palace and Boboli Gardens, the Ponte Vecchio which spans the Arno river, Santa Croce, Piazza della Signoria, the Duomo and many more.If that's not enough, there are famous statues, monuments and art galleries everywhere you look.There are, of course, high fashion stores, artisan and leather shops, open air markets and more restaurants than one can count.The Medieval building has an interesting history. Eight centuries ago it was a dyers' house, a large wool weaving and textile dying workshop. In fact thedistrict originally teemed with similar craft workshops under the aegis of "Arte dei Tintori" (Art of the Dyers).With the friendly help of your hosts, Alfredo and Valeria, the B&B Casa dei Tintori in Florence, Italy can truly be your home away from home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your B&B La Casa dei Tintori reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- b&b La Casa Dei Tintori Hotel Florence
- Bed And Breakfast La Casa Dei Tintori