“Friendly, comfortable and well located”

and 1 more site!
B&B La Casa dei Tintori
Ranked #7 of 659 Florence B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 15, 2013

This is a lovely, friendly and character filled family run B&B. Riccardo looked after us very well with local transport info, tips and restaurant reservations. The room was charming and comfortable. The location is great - in walking distance to all the main sites. We will stay here again if we are back in Florence! Thank you!

Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed April 11, 2013

If you are looking for a well located B&B close to all the main sites in Florence and local restaurants then look no further. Riccardo and Lavinia give this a homely and welcoming feel, with plenty of local information if you require. They have great attention to detail which gives their establishment a superior feel.
There was very detailed information on how to get there on arrival at the station (in our circumstances) by foot, taxi or bus.

Room Tip: We had the smallest room (yellow room) and still had plenty of space and a great shower room.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank geriatricbackpackers
Reviewed April 11, 2013 via mobile

We stayed for three nights in the Indigo Room. Our hosts were very helpful, suggesting the best sights in Florence. We felt 'at home' during the stay and the breakfasts were excellent.

The b&b is very well located, just a few minutes walk from the Duomo, and not far from the centre or indeed the train station. There are good eateries nearby, see my other reviews.

All in all, a 5 star experience, we would certainly stay here again and thoroughly recommend this b&b.

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed April 5, 2013

After traveling from Rome by car, which I do not recommend, Ricardo helped us find their B&B. Since they are in the restricted driving zone, used for tourists walking and business traffic only, we were able to drop our bags and take the car back to the rental agency.

The B&B was superb. The owners restored this old theatre building into a nicely appointed B&B. Breakfast was a typical Italian breakfast with pastries, cereal, fruit, yogurt and coffee/tea. The room we stayed in was the Red Room, which was the equivalent of a King bed, large wardrobe, and full bath with shower.

The staff helped us make restaurant reservations as some family owned restaurants, and also our trip to Pisa.

They couldn't have been more friendly. They treated us as family. I travel alot and have stayed in many hotels from Intercons to mom & pops. If I could have given more than 5 starts, I would.

I highly recommend you do not miss this charming place for your next stay in Florence. We won't.

Ciao

Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 28, 2013

I stayed at La Casa dei Tintori for a week and felt right at home. I had so many questions about how to get places and what to see and Riccardo and Lavinia drew maps, made reservations, and guided me throughout my stay. When I had to leave before breakfast to catch a bus tour on two mornings they set the table in advance and made sure I had food to eat. The B&B is in a fantastic location and feels very safe for a woman alone. My room was simple and comfortable. There are two lovely cats that I enjoyed.There is no "living room" but an area where you have breakfast with tables if you don't want to be in your room. Honestly, I was out sightseeing most of the day and dining out at night so a common space was not an issue. I would go there again in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: Any room would be fine. I stayed in the yellow room which I'm told is the most quiet room.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed March 21, 2013

I have been to Firenze on several other occasions and stayed in nice hotels, but this B&B was the most relaxing and comfortable that I had experienced. The room was spotlessly clean, and comfortable. The breakfast (colazione) was fresh and typically Italian. If I want an American breakfast I would stay home. The location was convenient to the main sites and historical areas.
The highlight of the stay however was the FAMILY. Riccardo, Valeria and the others that I met were helpful and made us feel at home. They even tolerated my terrible Italian, knowing that I needed to practice. When I return to Firenze I hope they have a vacancy because I want to return to their home.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 21, 2013

Our stay at the Casa dei Tintori was better than we could have expected. The location is quiet, yet walking distance from Santa Croce, the Uffizi, and other Florence landmarks. We had our own key to the front door which added extra security and a feeling of being "at home." Breakfasts were plentiful and delicious. Nearby Via Neri has fantastic food and pastry options. The family made us feel like part of their family, and they were all sincere, helpful and very pleasant to speak with. They went out of their way to make our stay a perfect one. The room was great, bathroom roomy and comfortable. I've stayed in Florence numerous times, at much more expensive and elegant hotels, but I will always return to Tintori! Can't recommend it enough to anyone traveling to Florence. Thanks for a wonderful stay!

Room Tip: Any of the rooms would be a good choice.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends