“Superb casual dining in Florence”
Review of Trattoria 4 Leoni

Trattoria 4 Leoni
Ranked #378 of 2,808 Restaurants in Florence
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Santa Maria Novella
Reviewed September 29, 2013

Thank you, Barbara (our waitress). Service was fantastic. First night in Florence and what an introduction. Ordered the pear pasta and my husband had the scrimp tagliatelle. Both excellent. You will never forgive yourself without the trying the pear and chocolate cake. Worth the fare to Italy!!!!

Reviewed September 28, 2013

Our last evening in Italy we were directed to this little restaurant by a native of Florence whom we met while enjoying a late afternoon Spritz. We were told Trattoria 4 Leoni had the "Best Dish in Florence". We were told to order the pear pasta.

We were seated outside in the early evening at a table that overlooked a small neighborhood piazza. Across the way was a cafe where locals were gathering. Also, there were benches arranged and as we watched a young girl drew a chalk line and she and her mother played hop scotch. Scotters zoomed by and people of all ages rode their bicycles loaded with fresh food to take home for dinner. This tiny corner was a piece of "real" Florence.

Our server spoke little English but we were able to communicate enough to order water, wine (delicious house wine by the way) and the pear stuffed pasta. Service was friendly and attentive and the pasta was wonderful!!! Actually the best dish I had in 14 days of travel in Italy. I also ordered a cheesecake with chocolate that was devine.

When we finished our dinner we asked the hostess to call a taxi to take us back to our hotel. She did this service with a smile.

This was a wonderful way to end our trip to Italy and I am so happy we found this restaurant and I hope to return.

Reviewed September 27, 2013

We ate here twice during our stay, both times for lunch. This is obviously a popular restaurant, with people continuously disappointed that an outside table was not available. I understand why. When you imagine a charming, Italian trattoria, this is the place. Away from the crowds, in a small piazza, 4 Leoni serves wonderful food. The "little purses" of pear and cheese, with asparagus, were wonderful. The cheesecake was unlike anything I have ever had. I can't even figure out how to describe it. It was creamy and almost custard like. Just order it and be amazed. Service was excellent. Despite many people waiting for our coveted outside table for two, our waiter kept encouraging us to linger. Add this to your list, for a day when you can just relax and be happy you are in Florence!

Reviewed September 25, 2013

I cannot describe how bad the service was at the restaurant. The staff and manager ignored anyone but who the recognized and said tables were reserved when they were not.They were especially rude to the Brits & Americans. I actually argued with the manager about the awful service. He could have cared less! We stayed because of where we were & there was very little choice to go elsewhere. The food however was really good, and under different circumstances would have been a excellent lunch.

1  Thank PeterMmetroNY
Reviewed September 25, 2013 via mobile

This is a lovely restaurant located in the lovely piazza de la Passera.
The food and atmosphere were great and well priced. My only criticism was that the loos weren't great but don't let that put you off going to this charming place .

1  Thank NickySitges