“Have the Florentine steak for 2”
Review of Trattoria 4 Leoni

Trattoria 4 Leoni
Ranked #353 of 2,703 Restaurants in Florence
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Families with children, Romantic, Special occasions, Kids, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Pitti
Burlington, Vermont
“Have the Florentine steak for 2”
Reviewed June 11, 2013

Wait with a prosecco in the Piaza for your table. They have a great wine selection and warm staff. This is a "must" restaurant in Florence. The tiramisu was average.

Visited June 2013

• Turkish first
Saanichton, Canada
“Just Wonderful!!”
Reviewed June 11, 2013

Our son recommended this restaurant from his travels in Italy last year. Good recommendation. It's a bit hard to find, but once we asked directions, all of the locals seemed to know of it.

Our server was Pamela, who was a major part of the dining experience. Beautiful voice, beautiful person. She made great recommendations for us and we tried the pear ravioli with ricotta and a cream sauce of asparagus with goat cheese. Likely the best food I have ever put in my mouth. The cheese cake, which Pamela advises is the best in the world is very light, creamy and delightful. It probably is the best in the world.

After a day of being overwhelmed by the cultural and artistic treasures of Florence, we were overwhelmed by the food, wine and service at 4 Leone, who lead the way as a Stendahl Syndrome for cuisine.

• Visited May 2013
Hong Kong, China
“Good food but Be warned”
Reviewed June 10, 2013

This is my third trip to Florence and I've come here for dinner every time. I did not book dinner after reading some reviews on TA about service but stopped by for lunch as I was in the neighbourhood and could not resist the temptation of their pasta with pear. Got there just before 1:00 pm and was seated right away on their patio by the Piazza. As noted in some of the earlier negative reviews about service, I found waiters to be arrogant but my personal theory is that this flows down from the owners/manager who never smile or welcomes guests in a friendly manner (unless you are a movie star as you can see from proudly displayed photos of beaming owner with Anthony Hopkins etc). The staff always look pissed off when customers walk in.

I started with bruschetta with tomatoes which was excellent. Pasta with pear was as good as ever and my older daughter's pasta with anchovies was also very good. Their cheese cake was so delicious we wound up ordering 2 more times. But, then the waiter had to ruin it all by whispering "the bill does not include service charge" as he gave the check. I was going to leave a small tip anyway as he arranged for my younger daughter's special pasta request not on the menu but this worn out cheap trick is ridiculous at a place of this caliber and especially considering the owner's obviously very high opinion of themselves as one can note from their website and some of the previous reviews here. Still good food but unless you are Italian or American movie star (who I'm sure are exempt from this "no service charge" trick) be aware of their waiters.

Bottom line - I like their food but always leave this place regretting their service and thinking how great this place would be if they only had decent manners.

• Visited June 2013
Melbourne, Australia
“Another gem in quiet back streets of Florence”
Reviewed June 9, 2013

Loved this restaurant. You definitely must book but don't be late. They will release your reservation if you are late. They are very popular and rightly so. The food was delicious, and wine list was great. Not too expensive. The wait staff are on the ball and the place is filled with mostly locals, but our waiter could not have been more attentive. Wonderful experience. No 2 on our best restaurants in Italy.

Visited May 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
“Consistent”
Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

We have been coming here for the last 3 years and have never had a bad meal. The food is always well prepared and well presented. A recent meal for 8 consisting of 3 shared appetizers, 8 primi (pasta) dishes, 4 cappuchino, cover charge and 2 bottles of wine was about 145 euros. The red table wine is a good value and this food is fresh and well prepared. I would recommend reservations for large groups or weekends. This place feels like a great "find" due to its' location which makes it more special. I will go back (tomorrow night actually).

• Visited June 2013