“Fresh food, romantic setting”
Review of Trattoria 4 Leoni

Trattoria 4 Leoni
Ranked #383 of 2,823 Restaurants in Florence
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Santa Maria Novella
Reviewed April 17, 2013

Really enjoyed the food and the setting is perfect - we sat outside in the piazza after having a couple of proseccos at the little bar across the street. And the weather was amazing for April. We shared some salads that were quite fresh (the 4 Leoni salad with the avocado etc., the one with burrata and grilled vegetables) and some cheese and honey before our pasta dishes which were quite tasty. And of course, we shared a huge carafe of red wine. To me, the place had all the classics but with a bit of a newer spin, which I liked. And we thought it was a pretty good value, but we live in NYC, so take that comment with a grain of salt. Remember to reserve ahead if you want to eat here and don't expect the service to be amazing (it's efficient and cordial enough) and I think you'll enjoy yourself.

Reviewed April 17, 2013

This was one of our best meals of 10 days in Rome and Florence. The restaurant was charming and the food all delicious and creative. We would've eaten here again for sure if it wasnt our last night!

We found the service to be good - very helpful in explaining dishes, etc. As many note, the pear and cheese pasta dish is wonderful - as are many other dishes.

Reviewed April 15, 2013 via mobile

Trattoria 4Leoni enjoys a well-deserved reputation as an excellent restaurant for local cuisine. Situated on a small, cosy plaza across the river, this culinary hotspot attracts large crowds with its awesome food. Prices are reasonable for the quality served, and the service is very fast and efficient. We'll be back!

Reviewed April 15, 2013

We came to “4 Leoni” by chance, due to heavy rain and we remembered that this restaurant had good reviews on the TripAdvisor. It turned out that everything here is very democratic - even too democratic. Hall is bleak and it seems not even very clean. The waiter was in a sulk and brought the menu in the Italian language, and said that the English menu is available. After ordering he brought us flatware wrapped in a napkin. My knife was absolutely filthy, it was not washed!
Wife ate risotto with artichokes, and artichokes were bad cleared and strimmed from hard feathers. The dessert was the end of us. Coffee was in the table-glass and cold. And the tiramisu was as we have decided that someone tried to eat it in before us, but could not. The whole thing left a terrible taste in my mouth.
I was furious, but his wife persuaded me not to worry. The more so that our communication with the waiter showed that he was not interested visitors, it's up to you. We had a frightening experience. I can not understand how this restaurant can be rated "5." Maybe we were unlucky - the restaurant’ staff had a bad day?

Reviewed April 14, 2013

I know I thought it sounded strange when I first heard about this dish but we loved it so much we ordered a second plate! What a fantastic restaurant. Don't miss special spot on the other side.