“Dinner at the villa”

Chef Cook Ryan Hanley
Ranked #1 of 26 Food & Drink in Cortona
More attraction details
Owner description: I welcome you to a half day, hands on cooking class where we will create a beautiful Italian meal in the hart of Tuscany! In my house or yours. Our delicious menu will consist of 4 courses, with plenty of red wine. The menu is subject to change with the seasons and what is fresh daily. An EXAMPLE of what we will cook is an Antipasto platter, Hand-made pici pasta with a Tuscan ragu, Sliced Chianina beef with fresh green & red pepper corns, arugula, tomatoes, & parmesan shavings & Panna cotta with a mixed berry sauce!! Plus Italian coffee and some of my very own Lemoncello!! You will receive an apron (you can keep), recipes, and all the knowledge needed to recreate what you learned, when you get back home!! All dietary needs are welcome! Classes are from 2-12 people, lunch or dinner, around 3.5 hours long plus how long it takes to sit and enjoy the meal. For more than just a 2 days cooking class, there is a 10% discount!!
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Stroller parking, Activities for older children, Food available for purchase
Santa Cruz, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Dinner at the villa”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2014

Our class and meal with Ryan was one of the highlights of our visit to Cortona. They came to our rented villa and brought all the ingredients. He and his wife Deb were efficient, entertaining and tremendously easy going. The food was delicious and well paired! Treat yourself!

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Stacy95060

• Hebrew first
Orangevale, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“What a truly Italian cooking experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2014

My daughter and I spent an afternoon in Chef Ryan's home cooking a Tuscan feast, and it was one of the highlights of our trip to Italy. We were welcomed into his home, given an overview of the menu and preparation plan, and then we just jumped in to cooking with his guidance while having great conversation with both Ryan and his wife Debra. My husband and son joined us a few hours later to share in the feast and what a delightful meal it was! In my daughter's words "this was the best experience because we got to make everything we ate and we got to share it with a truly Italian family". It was great fun we now feel confident in making our own pasta and ragu! I highly recommend Chef Ryan and his cooking class.

Visited July 2014
Willoughby, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Wonderful chef with a beautiful family. A brilliant experience.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2014

What a gem! Ryan and Deb take you into their home where you prepare a 4 course Tuscan meal before sitting down to eat it together as an extended family. The menu was superb and the guidance gave us some excellent take aways. But it was the company and the experience of being a Tuscan for the day that will live longest in our memories. Just excellent.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank Rob M
Welch, Minnesota
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“A true pro...the highlight of our Tuscany stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2014

Our experiences w/Chef Ryan have all been excellent. He comes extremely well prepared after a lengthy conversation re. the menu. Chef Ryan is very innovative and flexible to special dietary needs. As he says..."after I leave, you'll never know that I've been there"...so true...except for the memories! He has a very likable personality, one which lends itself to interesting conversations regarding food, families, Tuscany, and local attractions. A true professional in every way. It's obvious that Chef Ryan takes special pride in everything he does. He has an interesting variety of appetizers, each one special in it's own way...absolutely delicious! Try the peppered mussells and the white duck ragu...you won't be sorry. Finishing w/a perfectly crafted dessert of Panna cotta with a mixed berries sauce...That reminds me, I need to get some of his recipes. Can't wait to get back to Cortona.

Visited May 2014
Aalborg
“Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2014

As I wrote: The chef is smiling. He has set it all up and knows as the only one that all the efforts in a few hours will result in an exquisite dinner. He's like a conductor who get amateurs to play as if they were paid for it. Finds their desire and enthusiasm, sends them to the beautiful layed dinning table and gives the dishes the finishing touch; a little oil, a leaf, a dash seethed balsamic and all of a sudden it's elegant.
:-)