My wife and I stayed here briefly as part of our honeymoon and had booked our stay on the strength of the reviews here but were really disappointed with pretty much every aspect of this B&B.
First of all, it is situated right next to a road, so any illusion of a peaceful Tuscan retreat is shattered as soon as you arrive, it's not a hugely busy road, but certainly busy enough for the traffic noise to disturb your sleep. It is also with noting that the pool is visible from the road and is heavily overlooked by the car park so it's not the most inviting or relaxing place to spend any time. The rooms are large but sparsely furnished and the bed was absolutely rock hard. We also noted that the shower in our room did not drain properly and the A/C was extremely noisy, although that did help drown out some of the traffic noise. One other point to note is that there is currently some construction going on nearby so you can hear the diggers running during the day and guard dogs barking all night adding to the A/C and traffic noise cacophony whilst you lay awake on bed that is seemingly cut from a slab of granit.
As for the food, we ate there one night and whilst the terrace is quite romantic, the food is average at best and one of our fellow diners was served some rotten lamb that had to be sent back to the kitchen. That said, the staff were friendly and helpful, so it definitely has that going for it, but, honestly, given that there are so many great places to stay in the area, this one is best avoided.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Poggio Sant'Angelo is a typical farm house of Valdichiana recently renovated to become an elegant country house with fenced garden and swimming pool. Located between the towns of Cortona (15 km) and Foiano della Chiana (5 km) is the ideal place for those who want to start excursions around the provinces of Siena, Arezzo and Perugia. The nearby motorway allows you to reach Perugia and Siena in 30 minutes while passing through the rolling hills of Siena in about 30/40 minutes the towns of Montepulciano, Pienza, Montalcino, Castiglione del Lago can be reached. Many wineries are found nearby that have a small production of high quality wines, and from here you can go to horseback riding and mountain biking along the paths of reclamation. Rooms at the Poggio Sant'Angelo are all very spacious and well-appointed with private bathroom and air conditioning, and an excellent restaurant on site allows you to spend a relaxing evening followed by a restfull sleep. We speak perfect English and German and fluent Spanish ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Expedia and Booking.com so you can book your Domus Poggio Sant'Angelo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- b&b Poggio Sant`Angelo Hotel Cortona
- Bed And Breakfast Poggio Sant`Angelo