My husband, 2 grown children and I stayed at Poggio Saint'Angelo for 2 nights in August 2011. This beautifully situated, impeccable accommodation/restaurant was the highlight of our visit to the region. The service we received, both as guests of the country house and as diners in their restaurant, can be described as warm, and extremely professional. The proprietors and the staff are on a mission to please. The rooms provided all the luxury without sacrificing any charm or beauty that is consistent with the region. The best way to for me to compliment the restaurant is to say that we dined there the first evening only because we arrived late and were exhausted. We did so reluctantly because we wanted to explore the area and see other restaurants/ places. The cuisine, presentation and al fresco dining experience were of such superior quality, that we did not consider going elsewhere the following evening. All in all this is a beautiful place in a beautiful location with quality and excellent service. If this is the area that you re interested in spending time, do not hesitate to try Poggio Saint'Angelo.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Poggio Sant'Angelo is a typical farm house of Valdichiana recently renovated to become an elegant country house with fenced garden and swimming pool. Located between the towns of Cortona (15 km) and Foiano della Chiana (5 km) is the ideal place for those who want to start excursions around the provinces of Siena, Arezzo and Perugia. The nearby motorway allows you to reach Perugia and Siena in 30 minutes while passing through the rolling hills of Siena in about 30/40 minutes the towns of Montepulciano, Pienza, Montalcino, Castiglione del Lago can be reached. Many wineries are found nearby that have a small production of high quality wines, and from here you can go to horseback riding and mountain biking along the paths of reclamation. Rooms at the Poggio Sant'Angelo are all very spacious and well-appointed with private bathroom and air conditioning, and an excellent restaurant on site allows you to spend a relaxing evening followed by a restfull sleep. We speak perfect English and German and fluent Spanish ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Poggio Sant'Angelo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- b&b Poggio Sant`Angelo Hotel Cortona
- Bed And Breakfast Poggio Sant`Angelo