All reviews la loggia ruined castle home made cakes tuscany and umbria get away from it all beautiful landscape amazing place wild boar andrea agriturismo valley apartment property gubbio monte perfection house
Reviewed August 26, 2011

We have stayed in variousTuscan locations over the last few years all of which have had there merits. Rocca di Pierle has been the most comfortable and well appointed Agriturismo we have encountered. The attention to detail throughout the property is superb, the pool area has a fantastic view and Andrea is the perfect host. The propery is an ideal base for those wishing to tour the area of Tuscany incluing Cortona, Arrezo and Perugia. Congratulations to Andrea for his number 1 ranking on trip advisor, it is well deserved.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Matt H
Reviewed August 26, 2011

We had our wedding here in June and could not have picked a better venue. We stayed here with our family and had our wedding reception at the house. Everyone had a fantastic time. The owner, Andrea, is lovely and very accommodating.

The house is at the top of hill with beautiful views of the valley below. The gardens surrounding the house are also beautiful and very well kept - perfect for wedding pictures. It feels like you are in middle of nowhere but is actually only about half an hour from Cortona.

We would love to go back and visit someday.

Room Tip: We hired out all 3 apartments and I would be happy to stay in any of them again. They are very well kept.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank MelM0
Reviewed August 24, 2011

A fantastic location steeped in the history of the region.
Where else can you watch the dusk creep slowly along the valley floor, or watch the first rays of sun burn off the light mist in the valley below?
We have booked our third holiday for next year and are really looking forward to it.

The three separate apartments offer varied accommodation, each to a high specification in sympathy with the Tuscan setting. The owner was always available, but never intrusive. The kitchen and bathroom, provided all we needed, and the seating was ample and comfortable. The standard of cleanliness was exceptional. Discreet on-site laundry facilities are available.

The carefully tended garden gives colour and a relaxing environment, and the pool offers an opportunity to relax.

The villa is situated within easy reach for day trips to Florence, Siena, Assissi, Cortona and the islands of Maggiore and Polvese.

Room Tip: The Loggia is the best and most private of the three apartments, with its own covered balcony.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Richard E
Reviewed August 24, 2011

Excelllent holiday, great house, helpfull owner...all you really want for a great holiday stay in toscany. Kids loved the pool and suited our smallest 3y. old boy also well.
We really want to return to Rocca di Pierle. Cortona is nicely only 20 minutes away and within an hour there is Prada outlet, the Mall and other shopping. The area of course have awsome food and wine.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 22, 2011

Our second stay here and we will return again. A wonderful setting and excellent accomodation where we had another peaceful and relaxing break, yet near to lovely hill top towns (e.g. Cortona, Montepulciano, Gubbio) that are a must when visiting this area. The appartments are of a very high standard and well equiped, together with the lovely gardens/pool, and set in beautiful Tuscan countryside with amazing views of the Mercatale Valley. Andrea the owner is very helpful, friendly and welcoming and always there when you need some local kowledge for e.g. trips and restaurants etc. We can't wait to be there again!

Ian & Ros

Room Tip: The appartments are well appointed and the Villa has wonderful views so choose according to size needed.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ian P
Management response:Responded August 23, 2011

Dears Ian & Ros,

Thank you very much for your kind review.

I’m really very happy to know that you spent a lovely time here and that my Villa is your favourite in Tuscany, even if it’s also a great responsibility…

I try to do my best in order to offer a very nice and relaxing accommodation,
You know my method of work; I'm at disposal of the guests 24 hours a day, I organize for the people who come here daily trips in the most important Tuscan and Umbrian cities nearby.
I reserve restaurants (I have many good selected restaurants to advise my guests), I provide cooking classes ruled by a professional and speaking English Teacher Cook and wine and cheese tastings with a guide, trekking trails and many others facilities…

I’m very proud to know that you will return again in my Villa, I will be happy to drink a glass of wine together in your favourite Tuscan “Digs”….

Thank you very much for your time.

Regards,