All reviewsla loggiaruined castlehome made cakestuscany and umbriaget away from it allbeautiful landscapeamazing placewild boarandreaagriturismovalleyapartmentpropertygubbiomonteperfectionhouse
Reviewed August 22, 2011

Our second stay here and we will return again. A wonderful setting and excellent accomodation where we had another peaceful and relaxing break, yet near to lovely hill top towns (e.g. Cortona, Montepulciano, Gubbio) that are a must when visiting this area. The appartments are of a very high standard and well equiped, together with the lovely gardens/pool, and set in beautiful Tuscan countryside with amazing views of the Mercatale Valley. Andrea the owner is very helpful, friendly and welcoming and always there when you need some local kowledge for e.g. trips and restaurants etc. We can't wait to be there again!

Ian & Ros

Room Tip: The appartments are well appointed and the Villa has wonderful views so choose according to size needed.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ian P
Management response:Responded August 23, 2011

Dears Ian & Ros,

Thank you very much for your kind review.

I’m really very happy to know that you spent a lovely time here and that my Villa is your favourite in Tuscany, even if it’s also a great responsibility…

I try to do my best in order to offer a very nice and relaxing accommodation,
You know my method of work; I'm at disposal of the guests 24 hours a day, I organize for the people who come here daily trips in the most important Tuscan and Umbrian cities nearby.
I reserve restaurants (I have many good selected restaurants to advise my guests), I provide cooking classes ruled by a professional and speaking English Teacher Cook and wine and cheese tastings with a guide, trekking trails and many others facilities…

I’m very proud to know that you will return again in my Villa, I will be happy to drink a glass of wine together in your favourite Tuscan “Digs”….

Thank you very much for your time.

Regards,

Andrea

Reviewed August 18, 2011

You need a car if you wish to stay at this delightful place as the nearest airport in Perrugia is a couple of hours away.Set in the beautiful Tuscan countryside, the three apartments overlook a wide valley and enjoy their own private garden spaces and a beautifully maintained shared swimming pool.Its an excellent base from where to visit the art and architectural wonders of Tuscany and especially the Tuscan hill towns. Villages close by have good restaurants . We also made good use of the thoughtfully furnished kitchen buying provisions from the village. Overall it was a wonderful experience mainly on account of the care and attention to detail shown by our host ( Andrei is a sweetheart ) and his entire family..

1  Thank Adriftnow
Reviewed July 14, 2011

This place is just perfect. The house is built of high quality materials and the apartment La Loggia is furnished by tasteful and comfortable furnitures. The kitchen and the bathroom are well-equipped. The garden is tended expertly. The pool is large and has a very unique position on the highest point of the lot. The view is wonderful especially in the mornings after a rainy evening, when the fog spreads over the valley for a few hours.
A cool breeze comes down from the hill each evening and cools down the house, so there is no need for air-condition even when the days are very hot.
The whole property is maintained by Andrea and his family and they make a perfect job.
This place absolutely worths the money. We can highly recommend.

1  Thank MagdolnaandLaszlo
Reviewed June 29, 2011

What can one say that hasn’t already been said…

A very special thanks to Andrea and his family for sharing Rocca Di Pierle with us; it truly is a labour of love. Apartment La Loggia-what a little bit of heaven on earth, a wonderful respite from the “maddening crowds” yet well situated for day excursions. The photos on the internet do not do justice to the beauty of the accommodation and surrounding countryside. It was exciting to wake up each morning and be greeted by the breathtaking views from each and every window. Early morning views of ‘the white lake’ (fog/mist) were spectacular.

Thank you too Andrea for your caring and warm hospitality it enriched our stay. The loan of your ‘visitors’ cell phone’ was a great comfort to us while we explored “uncharted” territories. We appreciated you introducing us to Gubbio and Montone in Umbria. Montone, in 2003, was initiated into the Club of The Most Beautiful Towns in Italy, we concurred. Your wife’s welcome cake was a lovely gift and treat.

After travelling for a month, Rocca di Pierle stands out as one of our favourites. Coining another guest’s expression…”we came too late and left too early”. We called Pierle home for seven days and were both reluctant to bid Andrea arrivederci. There is so much to see and do and it seems never enough time. The people, the food, the wine and the history combine to make Italy a country worthy of more than one visit and the same can be said of Rocca di Pierle. Andrea thank you for so many memorable moments and your guidance to great wines and restaurants.

Room Tip: car is necessary for full enjoyment of this area
1  Thank dole67
Reviewed June 27, 2011

We stayed in the “La Loggia” appartment for a week mid June. We had an amazing holiday, the property is stunning with beautiful well tended grounds and a good sized swiming pool. The nearest town is Mercatale which has a supermarket, butchers and a couple of restaurants.

Cortona is about a 20 minute car journey and well worth the visit, such a beautiful place and great food!!!

The views from the property are quite breath taking and it was so nice to wake up to those views every morning.

The owner Andrea was such a huge help. He gave us lots of suggestions on places to visit and restaurants to go to. I can quite honestly say that without him we would have been absolutely clueless on places to go. He was the perfect host and the cake we received on arrival was one of the nicest cakes I have had in a long time!!

To sum it up, we had such an amazing holiday and I wouldnt hestitate to recommend the place. I really hope to return one day!!

1  Thank Tasha271