“A Day to Remember”
Review of Toscana e Gusto

Toscana e Gusto
Ranked #2 of 18 Tours in Cortona
More attraction details
Owner description: We dedicate our cooking sessions to those who wish to learn Cortona and Tuscany recipes and techniques for the preparation of a sunny, healthy Mediterranean cuisine. Whatever is your level of culinary experience our Cooking School is passionate about teaching in a in a friendly and relaxed atmosphere, attentive to details.The In house Chef program is available for a special occasion or just to enjoy at your home the pleasure of a Tuscan menu.
Reviewed July 29, 2014

My husband researched Italian cooking classes online and booked a day for us at Toscana e Gusto. The cost for the day 9:30- 4pm was 100 euros per person, totally reasonable. Anna greeted us at the gate and took us to meet Stefania. They drove us to the farmer's market to buy the fresh fruits and vegetables needed for our meal. Anna does not speak English very well, but we did not have trouble communicating. Stefania speaks English proficiently as she is also a tour guide in the area. We had the best time talking, cooking, raising our glasses. For me being an Italian by ethnicity, I found everything authentic, the kitchen, the recipes, the meal. We learned how to make a pastry shell, pici pasta, stuffed zucchini flowers etc. I plan to incorporate these recipes and the style of Italian cooking into my life. I plan on wearing my Toscana e Gusto apron in my kitchen and remembering my wonderful day with these two special women. Dining on their patio with Prosecco and vino rosso was molto special!!!!! Thank you to Anna and Stefania. If you are ever in Boston, please come to my kitchen.

1  Thank QueenofSurf
There are newer reviews for Toscana e Gusto

Reviewed July 25, 2014

Stefania and Anna's cooking class was the highlight of our week in Tuscany. Their hospitality was warm and welcoming. While showing us how to cook a local and delicious 4 course meal, we learnt a tremendous amount about the traditional Italian and Tuscan cuisine, got pointers for everyday cooking and were able to sample different products. It was a fabulous day in a small group (4 people) and I can't recommend them often enough. Grazie mille, Stefania e Anna.

1  Thank Dublinchick03
Reviewed July 21, 2014

If you want to do an authentic cooking class, look no further. Loved the ladies and their banter whilst we did our cooking.
Our trip to the market was unhurried and we looked round the stalls. They helped us to buy some cheese to take home too!
We were given recipe books and aprons to take home

Reviewed June 18, 2014

Toscana e Gusto was absolutely amazing! We were lucky enough to have our local guide arrange for a home cooked meal at our Villa with Stefania & Anna. Not only are they 2 of the nicest people we have ever met but they are first class chefs. Our home cook meal was the highlight of our trip and we liked it so much we had them come back a second time! Can't wait to return to Italy for some more home cooked meals!

Reviewed May 12, 2014

We had a fabulous day with Stefania, Anna and our interpreter, Laura. Stefania met us at our inn and we followed her into the town of Cortona where we met Anna and Laura and another American couple to shop at the market for our ingredients. We then went to Stefania's home for our cooking class. Upstairs, Anna taught us how to make the best pizza ever, while downstairs, Stefania taught the other couple to make pasta and a lamb dish. Afterward, we all sat together on Stefania's patio and had a feast of all the food that was prepared!

Stefania and Anna are SO much fun! We spent the entire day laughing and learning! It was one of the best days of our trip! We would most definitely recommend Toscana e Gusto for a very fun and memorable day!

1  Thank idajag