“Great travel agent!”

12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Great travel agent!”
Reviewed September 19, 2013

We hooked up with Claidia on the recommendation of a friend and were very glad we did. For our visit to Cortona she organized fabulous wine tours and of course the cooking class with Matteo which others have raved about! She was always timely in getting back to us and continued to help during our stay with dinner reservations and helpful hints. I can't recommend her highly enough as other agents have let us down in this regard.

Visited September 2013

Sydney, Australia
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Walking tour a waste of money”
Reviewed August 8, 2013

Whilst Claudia was helpful and the cooking class sounds amazing, the walking tour of Cortona was a complete waste of money.
Maybe my expectations are high, but if I'm paying E50 to go on a 3 hour walking tour it's because I'm expecting to gain something that I couldn't just do for myself eg education, information, local knowledge, history...anything!!
It went something like this:
Walked to the first point - "This is a church, it is very beautiful."
Walked to the second place - "This is a monastery, it is very beautiful, go inside." (I'll be waiting outside texting so won't be there to tell you anything about it)
Walked to the 3rd point - "This is a church, it is closed. But it is very beautiful"
4th point - "This is a very beautiful church, go inside." (I'll be outside chatting with my friend)
This is the end of the tour. Oh, but we've only done 2 hours and we thought it was a 3 hour tour? Oh yes, but you are very strong. This is the end of the tour.

Seriously, get yourself a free map and just walk to the monastery and churches on your own. They are very beautiful and you can go inside. Nice walk but you can get it for free.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank NatalieC1967
TimearoundTuscany, Owner at Time Around Tuscany, responded to this review, August 11, 2013
Dear Natalie,
Thanks for useful review, I always appreciate feedbacks from my clients in order to improve my service that is always very careful in the choice of the partners to work with.As I wrote in the private email to you I am very sorry to read this and it will be my priority to find out what happened.But one thing is very important to say:A walking tour does not have to be confused with a city guided tour made by a professional tour guide that has got a complete different price and that we offer amongst our services.
A walking tour is a walk with a local expert in sports that speaks English and takes you in places of interest.She gives you the main info but you cannot expect a tour guide with complete knowledge of history and art because it is not what the walking tour has meant to be.Anyway I thank you again for your comments and I am sure that if one day you will choose Time around Tuscany once again you won'be disappointed.My best regards Claudia
Macon, Georgia, United States
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Call Claudia - She's the BEST!!!!”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

My husband and I rented the Moses Palace in Tuscany for a week in July and wanted to take our young children - boys aged 12 and 15 - with us on the trip. I knew I really needed to have some activites planned so I asked Roberto Ghezzi, the owner of the Moses Palace, if he knew a good travel agent in the area. He referred me to Claudia who owns Time Around Tuscany and I am so very thankful that he did!!!! I started emailing her about our trip 8 months before to get some things set up. She had so many great suggestions and was so patient with my millions of questions! She ended up booking several things for us and we loved them all!. We did a bike ride to La Braccesca winery where we had a tour and wine tasting, we did a cooking class at Ristorante Ambrosia that was so much fun and my boys loved the most of anything, she signed my husband and I up for a wine tasting dinner through the Molesini Market, and she arranged for a tour guide to show us around Rome for 4 hours before we had to go back home. In addition, she got train tickets for us, arranged a taxi driver to get us to and from the station, made suggestions and booked hotels for us, rented a car for us and many more things! She was ready and will to help do anything we needed to make our vacation perfect - and boy was it ever mostly due to her help. I would recommend calling her when you are planning your trip and she will make yours the best ever too!

Visited July 2013
St. Andrews, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A Day To Remember”
Reviewed June 9, 2013

Wandering along the main street in Cortona I noticed an advertisement for Time Around Tuscany, a tourist information office. Located up a narrow staircase you find the office, full of information for sightseeing and suggestions for various activities available. Claudia, who runs the business, is most helpful and charming, and speaks very good English. Nothing was too much trouble for her. The Cookery Class I opted to do was one of the best afternoons I've spent, not to mention that we had a great evening enjoying the food we had prepared with wonderful wines from local vineyards. Claudia organised transport to and from Ristorante Ambrosia where the class was being held. Matteo, our host for the afternoon and evening is so enthusiastic about food and the Italian Cuisine served in his restaurant it's hard not to share his pleasure in cookery. I was lucky enough to share my cookery class with a lovely young couple from The States who were on their honeymoon in Italy. We had such fun, and challenges with pasta making, decorating the Custard Filled Fruit Tarts we made and then were able to enjoy an evening together over dinner - tasting the results of our efforts in the Kitchen! Our young Chef who was our Tutor in the Kitchen was both patient and encouraging with our efforts. For anyone who enjoys cooking, good food and wine in a lovely countryside location at a most attractive restaurant I would highly recommend contacting Claudia at Time Around Tuscany to help arrange a day to remember near the town of Cortona.

Visited July 2012
Philadelphia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Great cooking class with Matteo!”
Reviewed June 3, 2013

My wife and I visited Tuscany on our honeymoon and would recommend this cooking class to anyone. You don't have to be a good cook to learn from Matteo how to appreciate Italian cuisine. Matteo is very patient, fun, and passionate about cooking. After all the preparation and cooking was done, we couldn't believe that what we ate was the food we had made; this was one of our favorite meals in Tuscany. If you can't work the cooking class into your schedule, please be sure to visit Cortona for a great meal at Ristorante Ambrosia!

Visited April 2013