“Idyllic…comfortable…pleasant and peaceful”

Casa Bellavista B&B
Ranked #1 of 43 Cortona B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed August 17, 2007

Casa Bellavista is situated on a hilltop in the Val di Chiana. Surrounded by fields of grain and sunflowers, it offers scenic views of Cortona, made famous by “Under The Tuscan Sun”.

Simonetta and Guido are great hosts and make you feel a part of their wonderful family.

We found the breakfasts to be bountiful with homemade jams, meets, cheese, cereals, cakes and coffee. Dinners (when arranged for) were delightful after daytrips to the beautiful Tuscan hill towns of the Val di Chiana and the Val di Orcia.

If you are interested in learning to cook traditional Tuscan dishes then an afternoon “around the marble table” in Simonetta’s kitchen will be pure joy. It sure was for my wife and me.

We have stayed in many Tuscan B&Bs, and Casa Bellavista is at the top of our favorites list.

CTTripper

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CTTripper

Reviewed August 10, 2007

We have had the pleasure of staying at Casa Bella Vista for a duration of 4 nights in July.

The establishment is in a fantatic setting, surrounded by the Tuscan hills and fields. The B&B itself is in an older house, with high ceilings and our room had a generous balcony.

Our hosts, Simonetta and her husband, were very helpful in advising us on restaurants, booking winery tours and ensuring our stay in Tuscany was exceptional.

We strongly recommend staying at Casa Bella Vista.

Stayed: July 2007
1  Thank RicardoBermuda
Reviewed August 3, 2007

My boyfriend and I stayed at Casa BellaVista in July for a week. It is in a beautiful location in the Tuscan Hills and we had a fantastic time. Our room was was beautifully decorated and had excellent views that looked out over the fields and hills. It was very very hot when we were staying, but the location of B&B meant that we got a lovely cool breeze on the evening which was really refreshing after the boiling hot days. The pool at the B&B also helped us to cool down when it got a bit hot.
Simonette and Guido are fantastic hosts - we asked Simonette to cook for us on the first night - as she did not dissapoint. When we arrived on the first evening, tired after the flight and drive from Pisa, we found ourselves being led to a romanic table for two set up outside overlooking the beautiful scenery and then presented with the most fantastic four course meal. The food really was amazing. We also took a cookery class while we were there - it was great fun and we learn't to book some of the food we had on the first night. Simonette was also really helpful on advising good places to visit and restaurants to each in. I really can't recommend Casa BellaVista enough.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled as a couple
2  Thank AmmeLondon
Reviewed July 25, 2007

I write this review with some degree of ambivalence. We absolutely adored this place and wish to support them as much as possible, but don't want to decrease our chances for future stays with them. I cannot say enough about the ambiance, the hospitality, the views and location. Perfect for day trips to prime hill towns in Tuscany (car required) and close to fantastic restaurants (recommended by the owners, Guido and Simonetta). Guido and Simonetta were wonderful, and their years of hotel management experience really shines through. Simonetta is also a fabulous chef and the dinners and cooking lessons were our best meals in all of northern Italy. The property includes a relaxing pool, and morning walks around the area were so peaceful. All in all, we hope to return many, many times in the not too distant future.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled with family
Reviewed July 3, 2007

Our stay at Casa Bellavista was the highlight of our recent trip to Italy. Due to their extensive hotel management background, Simonetta and Guido have transformed their home into a spectacular and peaceful travel experience. If it's food you love, Simonetta will take care of you. If it's wine that you cherish, Guido will handle that. If it's a history lesson and local recommendations, Casa Bellavista will treat you like family. My in-laws loved the peace and quiet, my kids loved playing with their son on the "soccer field" and swimming in the pool (it appeals to all ages), and we all loved the wonderful food! The location is centrally located for all the hill towns, but you definitely need a car. Take advantage of Simonetta's "traditional" Tuscan meal and her cooking class for a memorable experience. We stay for 5 nights and wish we could have stayed for more. We used this visit as a "break" from our hectic schedule, but next time, it will be one of our primary destinations. My only regret, is sharing our "secret gem" with the rest of the world!

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled with family
1  Thank jangaroos
Reviewed June 22, 2007

Our stay as Casa Bellavista was amazing! The only thing I regret is that we did not stay longer. Ever since seeing "Under the Tuscan Sun" I have wanted to go to Cortona and stay in the countryside, this place was just as I had hoped. The rooms were large and spacious, beautifully decorated, there is a REAL bed that is extremely comfortable (after about a week into the trip you start to really appreciate a good bed!),you really do feel like you are at home. The view is just beautiful, there really are not words to describe how beautiful the countryside is. Simonetta was so helpful. I had forgot to print directions and Simonetta offered to meet us at the local hospital and we could follow her back to the place. When you are there make sure to eat at the a local restaurant. I can not remember the name, but it is about 2 miles away. The food was the best I had in Italy and we were absolutely amazed at how inexpensive it was. We were not there long enough to do any cooking lessons, but I have heard nothing but good things from every one else's experience. Breakfast in the morning was just delicious. There were homeade breads and jams, rolls, meats, cheeses, cereal, juice, fruit. It was all so tasty. You absolutely can not go wrong in staying here. I can't wait to go back someday and the next time I do I will be spending much more time in Cortona and will definitely stay at Casa Bellavista again. It was one of the best memories from our trip to Italy!

Stayed: June 2007
Reviewed June 20, 2007

Recently my sister and I stayed at Casa Bellavista. We had read the "rave" reviews for this B&B, and it didn't take long for us to understand why this property earns such high marks. The property is spectacular (it is impossible for the photos of the property to do it full justice) and the panoramic views are breathtaking. Simonetta and her husband were great hosts, and we were fortunate enough to have one of Simonetta's gourmet meals (including a stuffed chicken dish that was a favorite recipe of Catherine d' Medici). The room that we had was spacious and beautifully appointed. We had a balcony on which we spent much time just drinking in the views. I would definitely stay here again. Stay here, you will LOVE it!

Jed S.