Relais Borgo San Pietro looked to be an old stone villa with multiple out buildings, now turned into a wonderfully renovated inn with additional apts. Our room, #123, was beautifully appointed with a luxurious bathroom. The shower was built into part of the original stone wall and has a stone lintel surrounding all sides of the door...like showering in a vault. Breakfast was tasty with homemade cake and tarts, croissants, yogurt, fruit, the traditional crusty regional bread, as well as plates of meats and cheeses. There was also different varieties of juice, one of which I've never seen before but was delicious. Freshly squeezed?? It was a blend of carrot, orange and lemon. Unbelievable! Enjoyed staying there, but the one downside was the distance from the old town of Cortona. We took taxis and that ran about 15Euro each way. The property is lovely, with multiple terraces as well as a pool (but that was already closed down when we were there in early October.)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Relais Borgo San Pietro is an ancient XVII century farm transformed into a charming Relais with outdoor swimming pool composed of 14 rooms and 5 apartments. Thanks to an intelligent restoration the new purpose of the structure took into account yet maintaining its ancient look. The old well, the fruit and olive trees, the grass fields, combined with the old prints, paintings and furniture, give that peaceful feeling and atmosphere of a Tuscan country house. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Relais Borgo San Pietro reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Relais Borgo San Pietro Hotel Cortona
- Relais Borgo San Pietro Cortona