If you are planning a trip to Cortona, the is the best place to stay. 10 minutes drive to Cortona, views, huge green territory, grapes, smiles, open air swimming pool and a smaller one with jacuzzi - all there. rooms are charming with the original pieces of furniture. There is a corner in a dining room where you could find a very good selection of chinese teas - very rare for the european hotel. And the tea cones from the jars, not from the tea bags. The only negative impression i could remember - lots of bees drinking water from the jacuzzi getting very jumpy when you turn it on.
But the restaurant leaves a dual impression. they say this is a star-michellin place. I could not confirm that - my michelin was from 2008, the place was not there at a time. the food is very well and creative, the local house and regional vines are fantastic, but the overall impression like you take part in 1975 BBC Fawlty Towers episode "Gourmet night". All original characters are there, the captain is a twin brother to John Kleese. It took us 3,5 hours for a dinner, and 2,5 for a lunch next day - most of the time waiting. Unfortunately they put a vine on ice 20 meters away from the table so you have to look for the waiter all the time to have some more. Finally they took someone else's bottle of different wine and mixed with ours.
Another strange thing about food - the food is great, but in 10 days none of us could not remember what we had in particular. And EUR 400 for a dinner for 2...
As a conclusion - you must stay in the hotel and try a restaurant...but only once. And if you thinking should you got just for a dinner - please don't.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The typical Tuscan villa which dates back to the 17th century was the home of the famous poet Antonio Guadagnoli. Now completely restored and transformed into a countryside Relais, it is part of the prestigious chain Relais & Châteaux, which exuberates the art of hospitality.In the restaurant, in the kitchen, at the reception, dedicated to taking care of the needs of our guests ,we are proud to offer everyday our availability and our specialties, improving them continuously. The art of refining quality is achieved by caring about details that make a difference.An ideal setting for those who love the beauty of the countryside, the atmosphere of the Relais is quaint with characteristic old-fashioned Tuscan charm. The twenty-two rooms are elegantly furnished-each unique in color and décor and reflecting the classic, refined style of important Tuscan homes. A few rooms are in the antique villa, some attached to the villa’s chapel and others in the cottage. All share the view of the magical landscape of the Cortonese countryside and are fully furbished with every modern comfort.La THESAN ETRUSCAN SPA has the goal of reawakening all of your senses through the harmony of the environment and the flavours and tastes of Tuscany.The Etruscan Thesan Spa guides you to discover the true relaxation, with a unique and unrepeatable involving all five senses. A wellness Trail where the two basic elements - water and heat - are skilfully combined with lights, sounds and colours therapeutic to optimize the relaxation. Exclusive for Officina Profumo Santa Maria Novella of Florence. Behind each of our actions is the desire to spark an unforgettable emotion: a recipe with delicate and persistent aromas, a special and rare decoration, the vistas leaving you breathless and astonished, the warm welcome that makes you feel as though you belong.. all of this will take you to the primordial feelings of pleasure. Staying with us will leave you with everlasting memories.The restaurant is on two floors with a glass and wrought-iron conservatory, overlooking the outside dining terrace with its ancient fishpond and rose-clad pergola. The cooking, which is personally supervised by Silvia, with the help of the head Chef Richard Titi, has succeeded in creating new temptations, using original and traditional recipes to create a marvelous cuisineaccompanied by great wines. “Il Falconiere” is situated in a quiet, elevated, rural location amid vineyards and olive groves. It enjoys enviable views of the Val di Chiana to the west, and Cortona, the ancient Etruscan hill town just three kilometers to the south. The Relais is ideally located for short trips to some of the most famous art cities of central Italy, such as Arezzo, Perugia, Siena, Florence and Assisi, all within in an hour’s drive away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, World Independent Hotel Promotion, Booking.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets and HRS so you can book your Relais Il Falconiere & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Relais Il Falconiere Cortona
- Relais Il Falconiere Hotel Cortona