“Unique jewelery”

DelBrenna Jewelry
Ranked #1 of 22 Shopping in Cortona
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: "One passion... three generations!" The story of DelBrenna is about an Italian family with a deeply rooted passion for the fine art of making jewellery. From an early age the twins:Alessandro and Sebastian learned with attention to details, the secrets of the trade.With the specific knowledge of fashioning precious metals and accentuating with gemstones,they continue to create their exclusive designs."Our grandfather passed his craft on to our father, who in-turn taught us. With an enduring devotion to evolve our skills and invest in the future, we at DelBrenna cultivate this birthright... which inspires our distinctive style that continues to be handcrafted, one piece at a time, at our family studio in Cortona - Tuscany"
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities
Reviewed October 7, 2013

I visited this shop by chance during my short visit to Cortona back in October 2011. I was glad that I found this store. The owner was very nice and he truly showed his passion about his craft and business. I ended up buying a necklace which is so unique. I always have compliments from people whenever I wear that necklace. From conversations with the owner, he suggested to visit St. Francis' hermitage in Cortona which I wasn't aware before I visited him. Again, I was so glad that I followed his advice. The place is serene and beautiful albeit, the driving was kind of challenge.

1  Thank DruryS
"hand made"
"piazza della repubblica"
"personal attention"

Reviewed October 1, 2013

You will find a lovely DelBrenna shops on the main piazza by City Hall but do not miss the shop and jewellery making studio in the stunning cellar of one of Cortona's finest palazzos where you will enjoy a glass of prosseco and possibly one of Lucia's scrumptious miniature panini. Of all the jewellery stores we have patronized over our 50 years of marriage, DelBrenna was the finest experience and the most fun. DelBrenna has wonderfully unique pieces but above all they want to share the history of Cortona and make you feel at home. In short Sebastian, Megan, Lucia and their staff love people. Even if you don't find the perfect piece you will leave with new friends.
P.S. They design and sell wine glasses that are definitely worth a look.

1  Thank curioustraveler01
Reviewed September 26, 2013

Among the many attractions of Cortona, museums, historic churches, Etruscan walls, and amazing views of the Val di Chianna; the Del Brenna Jewelry Store is with out a doubt the best commercial attraction in Cortona hands down. For many years Del Brenna occupied a little alcove under the stairs of the City Hall of Cortona. In the last 2 years the Del Brenna family decided to renovate a historic space below piazza National. They opened last Christmas. Down a very romantic stairway and alley one feels you are walking in history to the hidden entrance of the new Del Brenna store. But upon entering the beautiful glass doors one sees nothing but elegant beauty of room after room of chandeliers and jeweled cases containing nothing but their fabulous creations; necklaces, earrings, bracelets, and rings. Their style is very beautiful hand made jewels, exquisitely detailed and executed in a style reminiscent of the jewelry of the Renaissance. I think it is very unusual and unique. They also are now making shoes with jewels on them a very clever idea. These too are on display amongst the jewels. Suede or satin and jewels attached who would have thought to add jewels to shoes? And they are fabulous.

My husband and I were so taken by the Del Brenna unique style and family business we decided to ask them if we could commission a necklace. They were more than willing to work with us and the result was and is so special and beautiful I am tempted to wear it all the time. It was also very reasonably priced. The Del Brenna Studio workshop is also in the new showroom, which taken as a whole, is a series of rooms starting with a cafe, cigar smoking room, central salon with niches and little side rooms and finally the workshop, which is a very special historic space of vaulted brick work and all their equipment and special lighting to see and actually make each piece of jewelery. I cannot say enough about this wonderful family and business. They are most gracious people who make you feel very special to enjoy and take part in their love of their craft as you look and feel their hand made jewels. This is a do not miss when in Cortona.

Reviewed September 25, 2013

We recently visited the wonderful ancient city of Cortona, Italy and happened across a fine jewelry store in our search for the perfect gift for our pet sitter. We were greeted by one of the brothers that own the store. He helped us find the most beautiful necklace and bracelet at a very reasonable cost. Later in the week we once again found ourselves back in Cortona for a wine tasting and met with the sales person who took us to the wonderful, stoned basement showroom for champagne (with silver flecks!) and showed us a much larger collection of fine jewelry. I would highly recommend visiting DelBrenna if you find yourself in Cortona!

1  Thank Loridah
See more reviews
Reviewed September 24, 2013

A visit to Delbrenna Jewellery in Cortona is an absolute must! What a shop of treasures! The quality and the workmanship of the pieces is first class and they look absolutely stunning whether you are wearing formal wear or casual jeans. Sebastian and Megan are so accommodating and will alter the Jewellery to suit individual tastes. Our first visit to the store was to buy a beautiful crystal decanter. The shop was specially re-opened for us due to our time constraints after we contacted them. I now order all my pieces online and I love the new designs ... It's just so hard to choose. When visiting Cortona go into Delbrenna or view the website .... You will not be disappointed.