“Well worth a visit” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Caffe Degli Artisti

Caffe Degli Artisti
Ranked #39 of 99 Restaurants in Cortona
Good for: Dining on a budget, Romantic, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Brunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
London
“Well worth a visit”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2014

During my stay in Cortona, I had lunch here three days. I kept promising myself I would return in the evening, but I was usually still too full from lunch. The pasta is freshly cooked with very generous portions and modest prices. The family are very friendly and while the service is fast, they never try to rush you. Its position is also very convenient. I would definitely return.

• Visited March 2014

• Greek first
  • Polish first
Lexington, Kentucky
“Best service I've ever seen”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2014

My wife and I are spending four weeks in Cortona. During our first week we tried several caffes for our daily coffee hit and quickly settled on Caffe Degli Artisti. It wasn't because of the quality of the coffee. Coffee is pretty much coffee. It wasn't because of the atmosphere, although we both think it's a lovely place to sit and linger while sipping our cappuccino or macchiato. No, we keep coming back because the service is the best we've ever seen. I wish I knew the man's name, but there is an older gentleman who greets us each day with a huge smile. He always, without exception, brings us a plate of confections or bruschetta on the house. He makes us feel welcome, and isn't that what a dining establishment should do. We've been here for coffee more than a dozen times this month. Today, for the first time on our trip, we ate lunch. The lasagna was supurb. I will miss coming here when we leave as much as I will miss anyplace in Cortona that has become part of our routine. I love Caffe Degli Artisti.

• Visited March 2014
Saint Louis, Missouri
“The Best Pizza in Cortona”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2014 via mobile

I have been in Cortona for three months now and this restaurant/bar has the best pizza and variety in town. Their pasta dishes are also perfection. Located on Via Nazionale and steps away from the main piazza, it the ideal place to relax and enjoy life in Cortona. The service is fast and extremely friendly and the prices are reason enough to make me a regular.

Raleigh, North Carolina
“Great Place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2014

We had dinner here one of the first few nights in Cortona. The staff was wonderful and the food was delightful. Probably not one of our favorite but the food was still fantastic. I had asked about dessert and even though they did not have anything in particular they had some pastries they gave to us. Definatly worth a visit if you are in Cortona

• Visited December 2013
Naples, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Poor service, bad attitudes.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2014 via mobile

We tried this place the first day of our week long stay in Cortona, service was slow and when we asked the waiter a question about a desert item, he said it was fish, the Italian people next to us corrected him and he got angry at us. We reluctantly went back 4 days later as it was the only place in town with seats available, and obviously was a reason why. Again, poor service, bad attitude and they tried to add an 8 euro "table charge" to our bill. There are 100 great places in town, strongly suggest going to any of them over this one.

Visited January 2014