“YOU CAN NEVER HAVE TOO MUCH FUN” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Alessandra Federici's Cucina Cooking School

Alessandra Federici's Cucina Cooking School
More attraction details
Owner description: Cooking and experiencing an Italian home, chatting and making lifetime friends ofìver a plate of pasta. Laughing and discussing the worlds problems while indulging on a freshly made dessert, Italian life, Italian kitchen, hands on, heart on.
usa
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“YOU CAN NEVER HAVE TOO MUCH FUN”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2013

i have taken this class every year since 2011. i've even done it twice in one year, it's that good. this is not some sterile commercial kitchen at a fancy school. this is the kitchen of a lively, funny, warm and generous italian woman. you are not in school; you are in her home where she lives with her husband, son and daughter. you prepare and eat the same things she prepares for her family and friends. this is an experience you can't find anywhere else. simply.....a must do!

Visited June 2013
1 Thank leebean

Long Beach
“Learn to cook the fun way”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2013

This was our second class with Alessandra. Not only did we learn to make a wonderful Italian meal, we learned about real life in Italy. Since we are cooking in Alessandra's home, we were introduced to family life in Italy. Not surprisingly, life in Italy is more similar than different - the issues of kids, school, activities, etc. reminded me that the world is very small. We had a great time with our cooking buddies - two young ladies from Canda (hi cowgirls). If you want to learn more about Italy than guidebook locations, don't miss this opportunity.

Visited May 2013
Post Falls, Idaho
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 61 helpful votes
“This is the real deal...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2013

This isn't a watch and listen class. This is a put-on-your-apron-roll-up-your-sleeves-event. And it's fun! My wife and I met Alessandra in Cortona in the morning for a cappuccino and a pastry. Then it was off to the butcher shop, the market, the bakery, the vegetable market, and a tour of a small olive oil mill (very interesting). Then it was off to her house to put it all to use...and don't think that you will get to be a passive observer, because in the first 5-minutes you will be up to your elbows in helping to prepare the meal.

Alessandra's class is very informative. You not only learn 'how too', but the 'why' of it all. As you move through preparing each course (there are four), you begin to understand the importance of spices and herbs and how they all compliment each other and develop the taste.

After all the preparation and cooking, we sat down at her patio to a 2-hour lunch with some wonderful wine and great conversation. And, by-the-way....the food, as a result of her guidance, was wonderful. Thank you once again Alessandra! We had a wonderful time.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank Gary H
San Diego, California, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Alessandra's the best!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2013

My friends and I went here based on the recommendation of our B&B Owner, Jeanette Wong. It was a full day excursion but it was really worth it - you start the day shopping in Cortona for what you will need (butcher, market, shop). Then you go to Alessandra's house and she shows you the ins and outs - tips, myths and just simple ways to make amazing food. And a lot of it! I ate so much! She was really just a pleasure! I felt like we were family by the time we left. Like others said, she's very accommodating, she speaks great English but will help you with your Italian as well. I am a huge fan, will send all of my friends and hopefully go back again! Oh and you can make her food at home - I already have!

Visited March 2013
viacortona, Proprietario at Alessandra Federici's Cucina Cooking School, responded to this review, June 17, 2015
Thank you so much... as I said before, our paths will cross again, I am sure!
Davis, California
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“A Perfect Day”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2013

My husband and I took Alessandra's cooking class because we wanted a Tuscan cultural experience after a week of busy site seeing in Rome. We ended up with new dishes and new friends. This is not a fussy tech class. It was a full day of family cooking, from the produce shopping, herb picking, and fresh egg gathering, all the way through making our own raviolis, and other impressive dishes easy to share with friends at home, on through to desert, since we had a birthday to celebrate. Good wines... plus. I learned a lot of new tricks for my own kitchen and a lot of new things about regional Italian cooking. Mostly, we just had a relaxing, good natured, laughing kind of day, with many pleasant surprises, and a lot of eating. It was exactly what we wanted and needed. Good food, good company, a perfect day. Thanks, Alessandra! We can't wait to return.

Visited March 2013