All reviewssmall hotelwould stay here againfront desktvumbriapoolhillproperty
Reviewed October 9, 2011

Usually the old adage, "you get what you pay for" is true, so my expectations of this hotel were not very high, as it was pretty cheap. But in this case, I feel I got so much more than what I paid for. I honestly could not find one thing to complain about. Well, OK, maybe the room was a little warm, but I was not there in the daytime and it cooled off well enough at night.

The location was absolutely perfect for me. I had rented a car and wanted to use the hotel as my base as I toured Tuscany. I drove up to Cortona every morning and then again in the evening, before and after whatever other part of tuscany I had visited.

My room was quite large with a queen sized bed (I even had three pillows!) and a big bathroom. i had a great view of Cortona up on the hill from my window (room #10).

The food in the restaurant was excellent and everyone I dealt with on the staff was very helpful. They printed maps and directions off of the internet for me. they even called Florence and got me reservations for the Ufizzi gallery. And the guy that served coffee at breakfast remembered that I drank two cappuccinos the first day, so I never had to ask for coffee again.

As others have stated, they are under construction right now, but again, who is going to hang out there during the day?

I am absolutely thrilled about this place and definitely plan to go back. I just hope they don't raise the prices post-construction...

Room Tip: Room 10 on the second floor (3rd floor by USA standards) had a great view of Cortona out the window.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed August 24, 2011

Really nice etruscan old house very well located in the middle of tuscany.
Near by beatiful towns and great movies as Under Tuscany Sun locations.
Rooms are lovely decorated and the value for money is unbeattable.
We stayed in a suite and even when is an old house the bathroom and rooms are very comfortable. Views are stunning.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 11, 2011

We stayed two nights in June 2011. Positive things were the room(s) we had - a two room + kitchen family room with two bathrooms. Lots of space and very reasonable price. Otherwise the resort was somewhat strange imo. There was lot of groups coming from outside to the hotel restaurant - there was very fancy parties going on while we were chilling by the pool. There was also school groups coming on weekdays, so it got quite noisy and crowded. We only stayed for two days so it didn't really bother us, but a longer stay would not necessarily be too great in here. Also the construction site was not a pretty site, but that of course will go away as the extension will be ready. They could have informed this better though, as it was not the best of a surprise to see the crane right next to the pool area.

The service (especially a young woman at the reception) was very good at all times even the reception was unattended at nights.

Room Tip: Ask for the family room if you need 4 people to stay in the same room.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 16, 2011

Location is excellent if you have a car...5-10 minutes to Cortona city center. The hotel is ok, clean except for the bugs if you're on the 1st floor, the hotel wasn't full so we were able to change rooms to go higher up. The staff is amasing, very nice and helpful. They knew the area well so anything we asked they were able to help. I forgot my jewelery about $600 worth when we left the hotel, Allessandro at the front desk called me to let me know the cleaning lady found them...again, wonderful staff.

Room Tip: If you don't like bugs make sure you ask for a room on an upper floor
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 1, 2011

I have to say it is a bit hard to find initially, especially if your Italian only consists of a handful of words, but it is well worth the effort. A very well run place, friendly and very helpful staff, good restaurant next door, good breakfast, big pool and outdoor area, tennis courts, good location and last not least a very competitive room rate. We had a great time there and would go back any time.
The complex is extending at present and is building a conference centre next door, so it can be a bit noisy during the day, but you are here to see the area during daytime so it is no subject at all.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple