“Great meal and entertainment at La Bucaccia”
Review of La Bucaccia

La Bucaccia
Ranked #3 of 103 Restaurants in Cortona
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Ancaster, Canada
“Great meal and entertainment at La Bucaccia”
Reviewed October 4, 2013

My wife and I had lunch at La Bucaccia on September 22nd. I stumbled on this restaurant through TripAdvisor and the reviews were correct - this was a great place for Tuscan fare but with the added entertainment of wonderful staff with great personality.

Agostina prepares wonderful dishes. Romano ensures everyone is having a good time and is great entertainment with his Italian serenading of guests.

Reservations are a must as we observed many people waiting or being turned away. This is clearly a popular spot and with very good reason.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
“Superb!”
Reviewed October 1, 2013

While my staying in Tuscany, I went 3 times to La Bucaccia. Each time the experience was getting better and better. This small and cozy place is conducted by this marlevous couple: Agostina and Romano. While she conducts the cuisine with mastery, he dominates the counter and main room. He sings, interacts with everybody, acts his own show! Besides this fantastic reception, the food is really special. Visit this place more than once to try different dishes. Order the antipasti, primi piatti, secondi piatti, dolci and wine. Before go back home, share a bicchiere di grappa with Romano. Indeed it was an experience.

Santa Fe, New Mexico
“A Dream Come True”
Reviewed October 1, 2013

If you ever dreamed of finding the perfect Tuscan lunch in the most beautiful hill town in Italy, come to La Bucaccia and you will never want to leave or wake up. Everything about this place sings like an opera; food, service, atmosphere, wine selections... Ah, if only it were closer to home! But, reserve early!

Israel
“very good and worth visit”
Reviewed September 30, 2013

When you entered this restaurant, you understand immediately that here food is taken seriously. There is a special atmosphere is such places there nothing distract you from the main task. Service is warm and helpful. The menu is very big. Even people with special demands can find proper dish. What we ordered certainly worth the money we paid. I was not very satisfied with the soup, I found it too salty, but my husband liked his soup (the different one) very much. The main dish- meat with plums and apples- was excellent. If we will be back to this place, we will be glad to visit La Bucaccia again.

• Visited September 2013
“This is why you go to Italy!”
Reviewed September 27, 2013

When friends ask why I return to Italy for a 6 the straight year I tell them of great regional cuisine, family owned restaurants run with pride and a warm people. My night at La Buccaccia included all the above. Romano , who runs the bar , acts as maitre'd , and provides good cheer and entertainment greeted us and suggested sitting outside "under the Tuscan full moon". Thus began not only one of our great meals but great Italian experiences. The food was traditional Tuscan and was,the equal of the MIchalin star restaurant we'd eaten in the night before. When he learned of our interest in food he introduced us to his wife and chef extraordinaire Agostina, who provided my wife with several cooking tips and with a quiet charm was the perfect compliment to the outgoing Romano. We were offered of meat he sliced off a leg of cinghale brought out for us to sample and we watched as he offered those patrons leaving some grappa for" sweet dreams"! He sang along to his favorite Italian songs and all patrons inside and out seemed to be caught up in the joyous atmosphere. While all the food was delicious Agostina's chocolate Bocci cake dethroned a long standing Napa valley dessert as my wife's all time favorite. We were brought along to sing to other patrons on their birthday and ended the evening talking about enjoying life. By the end of the evening we felt as though we had an outstanding dinner, a memorable experience and new friends. My "sweet dreams" will be for a return to La Bucaccia.