“very good and worth visit”
Review of La Bucaccia

La Bucaccia
Ranked #3 of 104 Restaurants in Cortona
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed September 30, 2013

When you entered this restaurant, you understand immediately that here food is taken seriously. There is a special atmosphere is such places there nothing distract you from the main task. Service is warm and helpful. The menu is very big. Even people with special demands can find proper dish. What we ordered certainly worth the money we paid. I was not very satisfied with the soup, I found it too salty, but my husband liked his soup (the different one) very much. The main dish- meat with plums and apples- was excellent. If we will be back to this place, we will be glad to visit La Bucaccia again.

Reviewed September 27, 2013

When friends ask why I return to Italy for a 6 the straight year I tell them of great regional cuisine, family owned restaurants run with pride and a warm people. My night at La Buccaccia included all the above. Romano , who runs the bar , acts as maitre'd , and provides good cheer and entertainment greeted us and suggested sitting outside "under the Tuscan full moon". Thus began not only one of our great meals but great Italian experiences. The food was traditional Tuscan and was,the equal of the MIchalin star restaurant we'd eaten in the night before. When he learned of our interest in food he introduced us to his wife and chef extraordinaire Agostina, who provided my wife with several cooking tips and with a quiet charm was the perfect compliment to the outgoing Romano. We were offered of meat he sliced off a leg of cinghale brought out for us to sample and we watched as he offered those patrons leaving some grappa for" sweet dreams"! He sang along to his favorite Italian songs and all patrons inside and out seemed to be caught up in the joyous atmosphere. While all the food was delicious Agostina's chocolate Bocci cake dethroned a long standing Napa valley dessert as my wife's all time favorite. We were brought along to sing to other patrons on their birthday and ended the evening talking about enjoying life. By the end of the evening we felt as though we had an outstanding dinner, a memorable experience and new friends. My "sweet dreams" will be for a return to La Bucaccia.

Reviewed September 27, 2013 via mobile

We just had an amazing diner at La Bucaccia.

The food was excellent, fresh and a lot is homemade. The people are so friendly, and enthousiastic about everything.

If you ever visit Cortona, you really have to have diner at La Bucaccia.

Reviewed September 25, 2013

I was a little under the weather when we went to this restaurant, however due to the great energy and lively vibe I instantly forgot I had a cold. The owner is so fun and happy and joyous!! The food was absolutely fantastic. My husband and I will definitely be back our next trip to Cortona Italy!

Reviewed September 24, 2013

Great atmosphere! The husband and wife who own this restaurant make it an occasion to remember. He makes sure everyone enjoys themselves and she makes wonderful food.
A happy place where you eat well, laugh a lot and drink good wine!