“Un Sogno Toscano”
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

New York City, New York
“Un Sogno Toscano”
Reviewed May 9, 2012 for a stay in May 2012
person found this review helpful

Guisi and Dario's house is the dream Tuscan rental. It is tucked into a hillside on the idyllic farm of the owners where in the distance the hill of Cortona and the lights of the valley are visible. The open terrace is positioned perfectly for dramatic sunsets and candlelight dinners. A lovely trail behind the house leads to a spectacular view of Lake Trasimeno. We found Donatella (Guisi's sister) and her husband Rupert who manage the property to be warm and accomodating. The directions to the house were perfect and Guisi met us and showed us the house and made sure we were settled into our perfect week. I had asked that the pool be open even though it was a bit early. It was open and gorgeous and I used it every day. We have never rented a house with such a well-equipped kitchen. The bedrooms were comfortable with gorgeous old linens. The large open kitchen and living area were welcoming. There are so many special things about this house, but having Guisi come and cook for us and teach us how to make some of her amazing specialities was at the top of the list. The dinner was spectacular from appetizers during sunset to the final tiramisu, fruit and baci chocolates! One night Guisi arranged a taxi driver from the local village of Montinare to drive us to and from Cortona for a wine tasting dinner so we did not have to drive. This is a special place with special people. A true Tuscan dream with a charming Italian family. We can't wait to come back.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The whole experience!
Traveling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Vila Park California

New Brunswick Canada
Reviewed January 19, 2012 for a stay in May 2010

Western Maryland
Reviewed January 17, 2012 for a stay in October 2008
people found this review helpful

Luxury-minded travelers
California
Reviewed January 17, 2012 for a stay in September 2008

OH
Reviewed January 14, 2012 for a stay in May 2009

Luxury-minded travelers Rugged travelers
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing