We had a lovely 6 night stay at the Villa Chiarenza. We were made to feel warm and welcome. As many reviews have said, the house is the family ancestrial home and is furnished in an antique style, but having raised 6 daughters of her own, the Signora was relaxed about everything, although I'm sure she appreciates well behaved children. Our room (a triple to include our 6 year old daughter) was light and spacious with a small fridge and balcony overlooking Etna. The double bed was 6 ft wide, and the single bed (a day bed) was full size. Storage space for clothes and bathroom items was good. The Signora doesn't speak English, but communication was surprisingly good as she makes the effort to repeat herself, and she was very helpful with directions, good places to visit, and the best good places to park in Taormina. Breakfast included a variety of freshly prepared dishes every day, such as marmalade omelette, tomato and mozarella on toast, and marble cake, as well as the more usual bread, cheese, ham and sweet croissants. The cups for tea, coffee and hot chocolate were absolutely enormous! We mostly ate indoors, as it was a little cold outside, but we did manage to eat out on the lovely terrace in the garden twice. Parking is secure, as other reviewers have mentioned. The only slight downside is that the local restaurants are a 15 minute walk away at the beach, but it's a straight forward walk and the Signora can recommend good places to eat. The location is very convenient for the Autostrada, and yet still a peaceful haven. Would definitely recommend.
Tip - if the directions from the booking agent are generic and tell you to follow the brown signs, then be aware that the Villa is tucked away and there aren't any brown signs to follow! We were circling the town for ages! However, the location of the Villa Chiarenza is available on Google Maps, and you can email the Villa (in Italian - use a translation site like Google translate) for directions.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built in a typical Sicilian Baroque style, this 18th-century villa has completely been restored, with the greatest care and attention being paid to the finest details. The villa has a spacious garden (2000 square metres), embellished with a large Caltagirone vase collection with several cacti-plants, which the hostess takes care of. There are corners in the shade of pines, eucalypti and citrus-groves in which you can enjoy a relaxing moment and dedicate yourself to reading your favourite books. Furnished with antiques, the villa, formerly the Domenicians' summer residence, is now an elegant and spacious place to spend a relaxing Mediterranean break. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Villa Chiarenza Maison d'Hotes reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Chiarenza Maison d`Hotes Hotel Taormina
- Villa Chiarenza Maison D'Hotes Taormina, Sicily