“Wow, just wow”
Review of Villa Arianna

Villa Arianna
Ranked #38 of 117 Taormina B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 9, 2013

I have stayed in 5* hotels all my life & was looking for something a little less as a get-away & was close at hand for my cousin's wedding. I stumbled upon Villa Arianna & thought it looked just lovely on the internet so I booked it & away I went.
Firstly, I was met by two of the loveliest people I've ever met. The owners of Villa Arianna were so enthusiastic to meet me when I arrived & could not have been more helpful at ANY point throughout my stay.
The room was IMMACULATE & originally I had not booked a room with a balcony but as there were other guests who had decided they couldn't make it, they suggested I have their room, FREE OF CHARGE, which was a very large room, had a very large balcony & an INCREDIBLE view of the sea, beach & Isole Bella. Literally dumbfounded, the room was beautifully decorated, spotlessly clean, had an extremely comfortable bed, mini fridge so I could keep plenty of liquids as it was beautiful weather, and to add to the luxury of it, I was brought my breakfast every day so I could have it on the balcony in the sunshine!!
It was idyllic. I was extremely sad to leave. If you have a stressed-out busy life I would definitely suggest sleeping with the balcony door open because being right next to the sea & hearing the waves lapping the shore as I drifted off to sleep was magnificent.
Right next to a shop, the cable car to get into town & the bus station if you're going on any trips to Etna or Palermo etc, a trip & fall from the beach, fantastic views (I cannot stress this enough) & with such genuinely LOVELY people running the Villa Arianna, I would honestly never stay anywhere else in Sicily for any price. It was just perfect.

Thank you both very much for making my stay so fantastic & my apologies my review took me so long to get written!! I hope to stay with you again in the coming years.

Room Tip: If you stay here you HAVE to go for a room with a balcony. The view absolutely made my holiday!! I...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
10  Thank jenny_pirie

Reviewed May 29, 2013

What a great spot this B&B is! We stayed at villa Arianna 5 nights, had a lovely room with great big terrace with a magnificent view of the Mazzaro beach bay. The villa is only 5 minutes walk from the beach and there is an option for free private parking, which is really short in the busy narrow streets of the resort. The hotel is also only 2 minutes walk to from the cable car - which you need to use to get to Taormina. Our room was stylishly furnished, very clean with fridge and satellite tv, and air conditioning of course! The breakfast was great – served on the sun submerged terrace at time we chose to have it. The hosts - Salvo and Pia are fantastic – really warm and welcoming, gave us a lot of advice about the sights of Taormina and the surrounding area, the best way to get to them and the best time of the day to takes photos! We were also treated to complementary fresh fruit every day. Both Pia and Salvo look after us so well - we'd certainly look for an opportunity to return to Villa Arianna and Taormina!

Would recommend it highly!
Mimi

Room Tip: We stayed in the Eagles room - it had an amazing view of Mazzaro beach!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
8  Thank mimimou22
Reviewed May 23, 2013

We loved it!! Salvo and Pia were the kindest and most helpful hotel owners, offering tips for our stay, ideas what to do, writing us down driving directions, showing great care for their hotel and always with a big smile! The hotel itself has an amazing view over the gulf of Mazzaro and the Isola Bella, with the beach only some minutes away by foot.

The cable car to Taormina's centre is also just a couple of minutes' walk, and it's great being in Mazzaro because it's much calmer. We loved having breakfast on our large balcony, enjoying the warm, morning sun and the view. Whether using Villa Arianna's breakfast offer (Salvo and Pia bring it themselves to your room, if you wish), or the faster solution of shopping some stuff from the store next to the hotel, as we did on the days we wanted to leave early.

We wish we can return soon to Sicily, and stay again in Villa Arianna!!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
6  Thank OlgaMo
Reviewed July 19, 2011

yes-this was really over the top italian decor- but sooo clean. the view was amazing and although there was no breakfast it was not a problem.

Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
8  Thank babyboomercanberra
Reviewed September 23, 2008

I cannot say enough good things about this B&B....and what a value. Out host, Salvos, was most gracious and very detailed as you learned from the room itself. When we first arrived (just around the corner from the cable car which is a minute walk from the bus station), we rang the doorbell and Salvos was there ready to carry our luggage up the 1st flight of stairs. There is an elevator made for 2 at the 2nd floor. As he sent us to the 3rd floor on the elevator, he walked the next flight of stairs to meet us at our most unique room were we were provided a map and all the information we needed. Salvos recommended lovely walks, restaurants, and sights not to miss. He even loaned his umbrella and apologized that his personal umprellas was tiny....he then bought a huge umbrella for us.
Now for the Lion's room which is everything promised on the website and much more...You just have to see it to believe it. The porthole, which is not mentioned on the website, is positioned perfect for staying in bed and watching the beautiful sunrise. Ingenious. Of course, you could close the porthole off if desired. We chose to have the breakfast which was delivered to our very large and private terrace promptly at 9:30 a.m. (our chosen time) by Salvos and his wife. Breakfast was definitely worth the 5 euro each and just enough to get you started. Imagine having breakfast served to your terrace each morning as you overlook the beautiful Taormina Bay. We left our balcony door open at night to hear the wonderful sounds of the Mediterranean. Wish I was there again.
The trip to taormina is so easy with the cable car so close (3.50 euro round trip). Staying on the bay was more quiet and quaint. I recommend this B&B to all and would definitely stay there again.
I

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
7  Thank mcnealy
Reviewed May 24, 2008

It is small house with some rooms. The rooms are quite big and comfortable and you have very nice view from the private terrace.
The brekfast is served on the terrace between 09.20 and 10.00 o'clock (for us too late). For the breakfast we received each day of our staying 2 croissants, 4 small breads, 5 marmelades, 2 butters, and 1/2 of red orange juice and coffe and milk. The house is situated on the main street to Messina/Catania and near is also the train railway, so sometimes it is nosy.
But otherwise I suggest this accomodation, which offers nice view to the sea and you are in the city center of Taormina with cable car in just 2 minutes.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
6  Thank Tjasa
Reviewed October 31, 2007

I loved Villa Arianna. Is an excellent accomodation very well sited overlooking the cove, with a 180-degree view of Taormina's most beautiful beach. The room was very clean and beautifully decorated with such amazing attention to detail. A pleasure to stay in. The breakfast was absolutely fantasic and totally memorable as it was so fresh and a real delight to have it served for you on your quiete balcony overlooking a simply stunning view of the beach and rocks below. It was just steps away from the cableway (funivia) that zooms you up to the center of the old town in about two minutes!! Beaches minutes away. We hope to return and will recommend Villa Arianna to all and our friends and family. it's what you see on their website! [--] It's incredible! Definitely recommend Villa Arianna Taormina
Everything beyond reproach.10 out of 10.Wished I had booked another two weeks !!!!!! Greetings John

Stayed: February 2006