Sitting on a high mountain and overlooking the blue Ionian sea, Taormina is the travel guide definition of an ideal relaxing and romantic holiday. Isoco Guesthouse has captured the key elements which has made my stay in Taormina unforgettable. I value a lot individualism and Isoco Guesthouse is very uniquely charismatic compared to the other B&Bs I have been to. Michel has done a superb job transforming the place for his guests to retreat into a serene and seclude environment to absorb the beauty of Taormina. The amount of outdoor space in Isoco Guesthouse is incredible. Comfy lounge chairs at the terrace, Jacuzzi in the middle garden or hammock in the base garden, you can always find a quiet spot to chill out with your travel companion. On the other hand, the conservatory, which is set in the middle of the garden, houses a big dining table and sofas and provides the perfect place to mingle with other guests. I really enjoyed breakfast when all the guests sat around and feast on the wide array of food spread across the dining table, chit-chatting and getting to know the other travellers. I had one of the best cheese omelettes made by extremely attentive chef David. Michel is a great host and I met a few interesting characters while staying in Isoco. Oh if you are a facebook addict like my partner, Michel provides free Wifi in the conservatory.
I will definitely go back to staying at Isoco. A little bit of tip, I had chosen to stay at Catania and Syracuse to explore the sights around the Ionion coast. But consider the closeness of the cities and the comfort that Isoco offers, I will strongly recommend making Isoco your base for exploring Sicily's Ionion coast. Last tip, big is not always good, smaller sized car works better in Sicily as the roads could be extremely narrow and navigating through them could be challenging.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In Taormina the Isoco offers a better accomodation alternative to lodging compared to the usual overnight stay or long stay in a hotel or pensione. In fact each room is dedicated to a different artist, which makes them specially personalized and distinguishes them from the anonymous rooms of a Pensione or Hotel. Having just a few rooms, The Isoco also offers a friendly, familiar and welcoming atmosphere. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, HostelWorld and Agoda so you can book your Isoco Guesthouse reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Isoco Pensione Hotel Taormina
- Isoco Guesthouse Taormina, Sicily