All reviews clean and helpful staff mount etna parked our car nice terrace short walk recommend this hotel small hotel beautiful town fantastic views sea view fabio balcony cappuccino
Selected filters
Reviewed November 20, 2017

This hotel is good value within easy walk of the city centre. The hotel is friendly, clean and the breakfast is a good start to the day.
The roof terrace offers splendid views and is wonderful place to enjoy a sundowner before going out for a meal.

Room tip: Room with a sea view and balcony
Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed July 1, 2017

The young girl at the reception was very good and polite and the view in the terrace is beautiful and extremely relaxing, but the fact that there were just two power outlets in the room is disappointing. One located near the bed and one in the toilette. We were two tourists, who obviously had more than just two mobile phones to charge at a time ( a camera, a power bank and tooth brushes ) but unfortunately not only we weren't able to charge everything at the same time, but one of us had to charge the phone in the toilette because there was no other place to do that. The breakfast was also very mediocre and 4 out of 7 days there was no omelette ( which was supposed to be the only salty thing ). The wifi worked perfectly fine everywhere apart from our room: I had to leave the room everytime I was uploading a picture on social media, otherwise it wouldn't upload if I stayed in the room.

Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 23, 2017

We booked this hotel directly in January 2017 after reading about it in The Rough Guide.
We have driven to Sicily from Cornwall, a long journey but so worth it. We had a week in Siracusa first in a small rented studio which was excellent. We the drove to Taormina for our booked 3 nights at the Hotel Elios. We had been assured parking would be no problem and this was so true, basically our car was parked outside in a reserved space. We were shown to our room, 418 on the fourth floor. It was totally delightful, a huge bed which was extremely comfortable, air con, fridge and a wonderful balcony with spectacular views over the water and Mount Etna. The staff ar reception were extremely helpful and very cheerful people who love to share a joke! The room and the hotel were spotlessly clean, our sheets/towels changed every two days. We know this as we decided immediately to extend our stay from the original 3 days to 6 days. Breakfast on the second floor was very adequate in a delightful loggia with sea views. It's a small 2** hotel handy to the public gardens ( on the level) and a not too difficult walk to the main Corso Umberto, it takes less than 10 minutes. The 4th floor also has a delightful sun deck well furnished with loungers and comfy chairs, it is separated from the balcony of room 418 by a partition to keep 418 private but it is easy to access the deck as well. There is also a lift, and excellent wifi. We shall return.

Room tip: Only saw our room but top fourth floor best for views
Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 29, 2017 via mobile

This hotel took my payment then informed me due to the G7 summit they had to transfer me to another property. This new property was a cheaper property but they would not provide me with the difference. It was agreed that I would get a full refund however I am yet to see this money and at this stage I've made numerous attempts to contact the property and I cannot get hold of them to sort it out. DO NOT USE! Plenty of other great properties available so don't trouble yourself with this one.

Date of stay: May 2017
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed May 5, 2017 via mobile

Probably the worst hotel i have ever been and definitely not deserving 3 stars and 8.1 rating. I have been in youth hostels cleaner and bigger than this old-in-house-service room. The room was extra small, the toilet was inside the shower, everything was incredible old and super used, no elevator to go to the room, the bed didnt have even a quilt or duvet, just a blanket refugee-style, but the most outrageous thing was the totally absence of cleanliness in the sheets of the bed. Attached you can see the pictures. When i requested the staff to check them out, they couldnt care less and ignore me

Date of stay: April 2017