“The almond cookies are delicious!”

Pasticceria Minotauro
Ranked #5 of 6 Bakeries in Taormina
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Takeout
Rome
“The almond cookies are delicious!”
Reviewed January 13, 2014

We stopped in at this pasticceria on our last night in Sicily to take some sweets home with us. We left with about a dozen of the freshly baked almond cookies. They were in multiple varieties -- with orange, mandarin, chocolate, etc. and we left with a few of each one, wrapping them up carefully to carry home. When we arrived home the next day and opened them up for our dessert, we were delighted with the wonderfully fresh, soft chewy texture and the delicate taste. -- they were absolutely delicious! We wished we had left with more and figured out a way to store them longer.

• Visited January 2014
2 Thank NMelissa

• Hebrew first
Zurich, Switzerland
“The very best cannoli”
Reviewed September 9, 2013

I'm so glad we discovered it by chance. I needed to experience my first cannoli, and the Minotauro simply looked non-touristy. Not only was the fresh cannolo (filled on the spot) delicious, I later discovered that the specific pastry shop is the best of the town, and the only one that locals recommended. I wish I had taken boxes of cannoli back at home...

• Visited May 2013
3 Thank OlgaMo
Malta
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Cannoli And "very good" to all the rest!”
Reviewed August 20, 2013

At this pasticceria I had my best cannoli in my opinion. I tried the one filled with pistacchio cream which was delicious and obviously couldn't miss the classic one filled with their tasty ricotta. A big well done goes also for their various pastine di mandorle, biscotti and cassata siciliana and for their friendly service. Both the mother and daughter were so nice and helpful. I will surely visit again! Grazie da Malta xx

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank RandylB87
Malta
“Tasty Canolli”
Reviewed February 12, 2013

These surely had the tastiest and most reasonably priced cannoli in Taormina. The cannoli are filled upon request. This pasticceria is situated a few minutes away from the Greek amphitheatre on Corso Umberto and we stopped here quite a few times as we strolled along Corso Umberto.

Visited February 2013
1 Thank JohnPaul V
Lake George, New York
“My quest: to locate the best cannolo in Sicily”
Reviewed October 31, 2012

While in Sicily i addition to touring, hiking volcanoes and eating great meals I was on a quest to search out the best cannolo. Tried 9 different bakeries in 11 days and went back to Pasticceria Minotauro because it was the winner. Admittedly I only traveled on the east side of the island. I must go back and test (taste) the pastry in Palermo.

• Visited October 2012