“Great experience. Happy tummy.”

Osteria RossoDiVino
Ranked #6 of 280 Restaurants in Taormina
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 19, 2013 via mobile

Great, romantic atmosphere, off the main thoroughfare, which was great during the high season. It helped us escape the crowds. Stellar wine. Our waitress recommended a beautiful red wine "Uva Tantum", which was amazing. Awesome food. I had the fish, my husband, the steak. Hard to say which one was better. Generous portions and delightful service make this place a must visit.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,387)

Reviewed August 19, 2013

After eating in various restaurants in Taormina this one was more than dissapointing. Too dark to read menu. They didn't have menu's in English so waitress had to read EVERYTHING out to us. The table was on an uneven floor so was constantly rocking. The cost of the meal was the most expensive of the holiday and the worst. Every other restaurant we ate in (whether lunch or evening meal), the food was very good and reasonably priced.

4  Thank LichfieldSarah
Reviewed August 18, 2013

On my last evening in Taormina, I had dinner at the Rosso Di Vino. I am pleased I did and I fondly recommend it.
I was on my own and quite hungry so I arrived early at the restaurant. It was empty and I was not sure if it was open but I was welcomed and put at ease by the lovely Jonathan. He told me the place was specialised in fish and as I had come with the idea of eating tuna, he made a few suggestions. I can be a bit difficult with food but he was patient and we finally settled for a tuna fillet with vegetables. He said everything was local and fresh and told me where their food came from and how and what they fished. Yummy, it looked promising...
And as expected, the tuna was DELICIOUS, perfectly cooked and tasty. I didn't want to finish my plate!
While I as eating, I watched the friendly staff come and go, they all smiled to me and the chef checked if I liked the food. :-)
As the night fell, the clients began to arrive and Jonathan lit the candles. The atmosphere was so warm and relaxing, I decided to stay a bit more and took the strawberry tiramisu advised by one of the nice girls working there. Needless to say, I loved it! It was sweet but not too sweet, the strawberries were fresh and the mascarpone light and creamy.
All in all, the evening was enchanting, I loved the place and the food and how the people I met there were passionate about their job.

1  Thank RosePoudre
Reviewed August 14, 2013

We had an excellent dinner here recently! Fantastic seafood with the best pairings of nice Sicilian wines - all adviced by the 2 lovely and knowledgable sisters. On top of it, their service was simply the very Best! Their outdoor terrace is also very nice and cosy.
If you are visiting Taormina, make sure to book a table at this hidden gem!
We just look forward to our next time visiting Taormina and Osteria RossoDiVino

Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

I visited rosso di vino with my boyfriend. He had pasta and I had a mixture of fried fish. Everything was delicious, the fish was so tasty. I thought it was nice that the waitress explained the menu. The waiting staff were particularly friendly and welcoming. It is a little more expensive than some of the restaurants in the area, but has unusual and interesting options on the menu and a good ambiance. I really enjoyed it