“Perfect!!”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Paris, France
“Perfect!!”
Reviewed August 18, 2013

On my last evening in Taormina, I had dinner at the Rosso Di Vino. I am pleased I did and I fondly recommend it.
I was on my own and quite hungry so I arrived early at the restaurant. It was empty and I was not sure if it was open but I was welcomed and put at ease by the lovely Jonathan. He told me the place was specialised in fish and as I had come with the idea of eating tuna, he made a few suggestions. I can be a bit difficult with food but he was patient and we finally settled for a tuna fillet with vegetables. He said everything was local and fresh and told me where their food came from and how and what they fished. Yummy, it looked promising...
And as expected, the tuna was DELICIOUS, perfectly cooked and tasty. I didn't want to finish my plate!
While I as eating, I watched the friendly staff come and go, they all smiled to me and the chef checked if I liked the food. :-)
As the night fell, the clients began to arrive and Jonathan lit the candles. The atmosphere was so warm and relaxing, I decided to stay a bit more and took the strawberry tiramisu advised by one of the nice girls working there. Needless to say, I loved it! It was sweet but not too sweet, the strawberries were fresh and the mascarpone light and creamy.
All in all, the evening was enchanting, I loved the place and the food and how the people I met there were passionate about their job.

Visited August 2013

• Turkish first
Oslo, Norway
“Best dining experience!”
Reviewed August 14, 2013

We had an excellent dinner here recently! Fantastic seafood with the best pairings of nice Sicilian wines - all adviced by the 2 lovely and knowledgable sisters. On top of it, their service was simply the very Best! Their outdoor terrace is also very nice and cosy.
If you are visiting Taormina, make sure to book a table at this hidden gem!
We just look forward to our next time visiting Taormina and Osteria RossoDiVino

• Visited July 2013
Dublin
“Excellent food and service”
Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

I visited rosso di vino with my boyfriend. He had pasta and I had a mixture of fried fish. Everything was delicious, the fish was so tasty. I thought it was nice that the waitress explained the menu. The waiting staff were particularly friendly and welcoming. It is a little more expensive than some of the restaurants in the area, but has unusual and interesting options on the menu and a good ambiance. I really enjoyed it

• Visited August 2013
“Disappointed”
Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

Saved this restaurant for last night and even booked to ensure table.

Too dark to read menu. Table on uneven ground.

Menu in Italian only. Took waitress forever to read then had to ask her to repeat a lot of it.

Didn't really take time to help with what was a very large wine list.

Was going to walk out at this point and wish we had now as the food was ok but small portions and expensive.

Have to put it down to experience .

• Visited July 2013
6 Thank Phinsley
Tulsa, Oklahoma
“Osteria - Outstanding!”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

The sisters who run the restaurant are amazing hosts and make you feel like an extension of their family. They shared samples of various dishes so we could enjoy the flavors of Taormina; and they were well versed with their wine pairings. Our recommendation is to take a couple of hours to relax and truly enjoy the experience .

• Visited May 2013