All reviews a lovely family run hotel sea view corso umberto minute walk secure parking breakfast is served roof terrace cable car quiet street family room per day cakes shower curtain each morning bus station town centre the breakfast area
Selected filters
Reviewed May 31, 2019

I stayed at the Hotel Condor in early May and it was an absolute delight. I much prefer smaller family run hotels to the big faceless chains and the Condor did not disappoint. Everyone at the hotel was so pleasant and helpful, from the time I checked in to the time I (reluctantly) left that I always felt more than just another paying customer. The breakfasts on offer were very varied, catering for every possible taste, and the staff serving at breakfast were so pleasant and always checked to see if you wanted more tea of coffee. As for the view from the al fresco terrace, where breakfast is taken, well you could not improve on this at a five star hotel. It is spectacular! Bedrooms were always kept spotlessly clean and the cleaning was carried out nice and early, so access to rooms was never a problem. The sun terrace has lovely views and is well furnished with sun loungers, tables and chairs. On one occasion I left my room to go up to the sun terrace, only to be followed closely by one of the lovely reception staff carrying a padded mattress for my sun bed. They had all been taken in previously, as it had been quite windy and she had seen me go up the stairs, realised where I was heading and wanted to make sure that I was comfortable! You wouldn't get that sort of personal attention in a big, impersonal chain hotel. The location is pretty well perfect, very peaceful and yet only a five minute walk to the centre of town. I really can not speak too highly of this small hotel.

1  Thank David V
Reviewed May 27, 2019

I stayed for 5 nights, sea view room. Location is excellent (10-15 minutes walk to city center and bus terminal), and staff is really kind and helpful. They truly take care of each guest and made my stay great.
I would definitely recommend it.

Room tip: Rooms with sea view
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Marcello S, Proprietario at Hotel Condor, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2019

Dear Carolina A, thank you for giving us a perfect rating and for recommending our hotel to other travelers. I'm sure our entire hotel staff enjoyed catering to your needs as much as you enjoyed your stay. Take care!

Reviewed May 25, 2019 via mobile

The location is excellent (2min from the city center by walk) and the personal is really kind. The parking is located at 200m from the hotel. We were upgraded and we had a room with a balcony and a stunning view on the sea. We decided to stay one more night.

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 17, 2019

My husband and I stayed in this hotel for 7 nights. The location is great! The sea view from the balcony of our room was great, too. We did appreciate the staff, they were very helpful and friendly. We loved the way the room was cleaned and we loved that they do it every day. Breakfast was real nice, I loved tomatoes, salami, cheese, olives and everything else. I couldn't resist eating pastries every day, just delicious. And capuccino with a smiling face on top was fantastic. Thank you very much, hotel Condor.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 9, 2019

Me and my friend just got back after staying here for 7 nights, and had booked a room with a balcony with sea view. Really recommend it as can enjoy your coffee while watching the sunrise :-) The view is absolutely stunning, both from the balcony and the breakfast area/roof top. Short distance to Taormina centrum, and close to the cable car station. You should take a taxi to/from the hotel to the local bus station (5 minutes ish), and then hop on a bus from there - if you are travelling to Catania City or Catania Airport. Cheapest solution and also very convenient.

The staff was incredibly welcoming and helpful with everything, from restaurant tips to attractions. Especially Mauro, who has been nothing but the warmest host we can ever ask for, but also his family. They truly, genuinely take care of each and every guest. We will definitely come back!!

Date of stay: April 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank lienduo
Marcello S, Proprietario at Hotel Condor, responded to this reviewResponded May 12, 2019

Dear lienduo,
thank you for your stay at Hotel Condor, for the time you spent to write lovely words and for the perfect rate. We are looking forward to seeing you again soon. Call us if there is anything we can help you with.