All reviews a lovely family run hotel sea view corso umberto minute walk secure parking breakfast is served roof terrace cable car quiet street family room per day cakes shower curtain each morning bus station town centre the breakfast area
Selected filters
Reviewed October 11, 2018

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Condor for ten days in late September. We booked the Condor as we like to stay in family run hotels, and hotel was perfect We had initially booked a room without a balcony however when we arrived I asked at reception if we could be upgraded to a balcony room, unfortunately they had no availability but they did promise that if one became available they would let us know and give us the option to change rooms. 5 days later, true to their word, they very kindly upgraded us, free of charge. The new room was perfect with a beautiful view from the balcony, the hotel also has a superb roof terrace where breakfast is also served, the views from the balcony overlooking Taormina are truly breathtaking, it is the most ideal place to eat the excellent continental breakfast we really loved every morning during our stay. The terrace is also open until 12 midnight and you can order drinks from the bar and take in the evening views of this beautiful town. The staff at the Condor are very helpful and nothing is ever to much trouble,you can book to go to a private beach La Dolce Vita each day from the hotel, it costs 8 euro and you get picked up from the hotel and taken back at the end of the day. The price also includes the rent of the sunbed, umbrella and a towel, you also get a free soft drink on arrival. We would recommend the Condor to anyone,the staff,breakfast and location are perfect, only a 5 minute walk to the main strip in Taormina, the Corso Umberto. If you are looking to visit Taormina and not pay the earth then you should stay at the Condor, you will not be disappointed.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 28, 2018

We stayed at Hotel Condor in the third week of August, at the peak of the holiday season, and boy, was it a great decision to stay there! Hotel Condor is a lovely family-run hotel, tucked away from the hustle and bustle of Taormina, and yet, conveniently located a couple hundred meters past Capuchins' Gate, less than 5 minutes walk from both the main street (Corso Umberto) and the Funivia (the cable car that takes you down to the beaches). The staff was very friendly and helpful and made every effort to make our stay in Taormina unforgettable. And the cherry on the cake? On my last day there I left my cell phone behind and they not only kept it safe but also mailed it home to me! I mean, talk about service! They went above and beyond! Oh, and the breakfast (included) is served on their balcony, with an amazing view of the sea! Hotel Condor is the BEST!

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank hammun
Reviewed September 27, 2018 via mobile

Three couples stayed here for two nights. We all enjoyed this location, rooms are clean, roomy by European standard and most with great views of Taormina bay. Rooftop terrace where bkft is served is a perfect start of the day. Family run and on premises. Have parking for $20 Euro’s a day. Restaurants within walking distance as most all other sites. Worth the stay.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 14, 2018 via mobile

We spent 3 nights at this excellently located hotel. Although we arrived early, they offered us breakfast and provided us with information to rent out a scooter. The room had a balcony with a breathtaking view. It was clean and comfortable. Breakfast was very good with the sweets prepared by the nonna (granny) that's what me and my husband affectionately called her. The staff were very friendly and helpful and spoke English even though we can speak Italian. Very pleasant stay indeed. Could return any time.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 12, 2018 via mobile

So glad to have booked Hotel Condor,location is perfect,near Corso Umberto ,bus station and restaurants,nice breakfast spread,beautiful people from front desk,housekeeping and people at the breakfast staff,nice view,with reasonsble price.I highly recommend it .

Trip type: Traveled with friends