My first trip toTaormina was 20 yrs ago.After arriving at the airport 4 hrs late and getting a rental car we found a very helpful Polizia.He actually brought us directly to the hotel.
Our room was a corner with 2 balconies and facing Mt.Etna.Spectacular views and fireworks.
The room location was excellent and the room was spacious but not elegant.
The Italians reduce the lighting power during the day so consequently the hallways are dim or dark. The grounds were beautiful.
You are right in the middle of town and easy access to everything.
Lots of jewelry and Dolci in the stores... a great experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Excelsior Palace Hotel even to day after more then one hundred years its building is considered one of the most appreciated hotel structure in Taormina.Its architecture draw its origin from a context cultural and natural,Greek,Roman and Medieval.The Excelsior Palace Hotel looks over one of the most beautiful wiew of the world:Etna and the Bay of Naxos, the Greek Theatre, and the immense space of the Jonian Sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Excelsior Palace Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Excelsior Palace Taormina
- Hotel Excelsior Palace
- Excelsior Palace Hotel Taormina, Sicily